Relocating to Oman

Hello,

I will be moving from Qatar to Oman.  Just waiting for my working visa which will be available as per HR in a month period.  Me and my family will be relocated in Sohar, Al Batinah, Oman. 

My monthly income as per the offer I received is OMR 1,800 (Basic Salary + Housing, transport, utility allowance included).  Will this be suitable for our monthly expense as a family (Me, my wife, a 14 yr old daughter and 7 year old son).

Is there any international school (British standard or American) in Sohar?  Company will pay only OMR 2,400 (excluded on my monthly salary) per year for both my children.  Will this be sufficient?

How much is the suitable fully furnished accommodation (at least 2 bedroom house) within the city proper?

My wife is currently working here in Qatar as HR Officer, are there any job waiting for her in Oman in the same field of work?  How can she apply, any procedure to do?

Thank you.

Regards,

Fernando

Hello Fernan^Orpic,

Welcome to Expat.com,

Your discussion has been moved to the Oman forum in order for you to have a better response.

All the best,

Alexia
Expat.com Team

Hi Fernan^Orpic,

The good thing is the cost of living in Sohar would be a tad lesser than it is in Muscat.

With the salary you have been offered, getting your kids educated at any International School would be out of the question.

You should be able to find yourself a 2BHK for about R.O. 350/- to R.O. 450/- without furnishing. There aren't very many fully furnished properties available.

Wife for your job would be next to imp[ossible to find.

Suggest you please read through the numerous informative posts already available in the forum which would help you get a fair idea of what you could expect in terms of the cost of living and other pertinent details which you would require to help you decide better.