Considering Relocating To Malta

Hey all,

Long story short, I've been travelling around for the last 8 month's. I decided to take a career break and had the intention of returning home to Ireland after 10 month's to resume work, but after visiting Malta, my plans have changed.

I really enjoyed my two weeks there and became quite attached to the place. I'm currently in Asia but I've booked a flight to Malta in December and will be staying there for a few month's. My plan was to just relax there until the cold weather lifted in Ireland, but now I'm considering staying there.

How important is it to speak Maltese for employment? I've been working in Healthcare Administration for the last 9 years but I'd be open to working in other area's, also. I'm not particularly fussy.

It would be great if you could link some of the more well known job search sites in Malta. Or some companies that hire English speaking foreigners in customer service etc.

Much appreciated folks

Hi Nuvolebianche,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

What did you like the most about Malta ?

For your job search, i invite you to have a look at the Finding work in Malta section, this article outlines information about job prospects in Malta as well as popular job search sites.

Also note that you can post an advert on Expat.com for free, you only need to go the Jobs in Malta section.

Good luck,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Hi,

And thank you very much for the welcome and information!

I think it's just the idea of waking up everyday being so close to the seaside, surrounded by scenic views. It's something I could never get bored of. The food is also delicious, the weather is amazing... I could go on!

You will probably get away without speaking Maltese in a lot of jobs, may be needed more in the legal and medical profession, do you intend living in Malta or Gozo?

I have accomodation in Malta until the end of March so preferably there.