Visa for Spouse

Hi,

I am moving to bahrain in 3-4 weeks. My employer told me that they can only apply visa for my wife once I am in bahrain. And they said it will take around 2weeks for her visa.
Can't they apply visa for me and my wife both? Is it a requirement by law that working partner has to apply visa for spouse when he is in bahrain?

Kindly shared from your experience. Thanks

Regards
Sid

YOU sponsor your dependents with the approval of your employer.  A dependent visa can ONLY be applied for when YOU as the sponsoring family member have a work visa i.e. residence permit stamped in the passport - her visa is linked to your work / residence i.e the moment your visa is cancelled, so is hers.   To get that stamp, you HAVE to be in Bahrain.

And I have responded to multiple threads like this as well as putting stickies on the whole visa process step by step in the forum.  In the future, please use the search button before posting the same question again.

Thanks for sharing the info

As Xtang Explained , dependent visa can be acquired after being in Bahrain only, one additional information for you, you can get a visitor visa for your wife, but it may involve a cost of around 39 BD for first time for first month, which can be renewed for total stay of 3 months as a visitor, 30 BD thereafter for each renewal. And for Dependent visa, once applied by your sponsor, the time to receive that visa may vary from few days to months even, mind that.

Your wife's dependent visa can be applied for by your company only after your work visa is approved,
In my case, my work visa was approved first and then dependent visa for my wife was processed against my work visa. Both of us arrived in Bahrain together.