HIV positive moving to Vietnam

Hi guys
I have recently been diagnosed with HIV and have started my ART's. I'm pretty healthy (viral load and CD4) I would like to be in touch with anyone who already is in Vietnam to find out where they get their treatment and how to go about getting a work permit. If a test is done which will come out positive,will my.job offer be revoked? Do you think it's wise to just disclose?

I have 2 job offers from some of the big language centers. I decided to do my medical check at home last month...boom hiv positive. I'm trying not to let this kill my dreams.

Any help is appreciated ❤

@NalediHisLove

hi did u find any info?

contact official HIV Centers in Vietnam?

do they check your HIV status before applying for a work permit?

Hi, yes i did. I contacted UNAids they sent me an email address for a Dr i can gets meds from.  No they dont test u for HIV for a work permit.  You still have to do a health check but my status has never even came up.

All the best

What I recall reading in previous discussions was that in the past they tested (I was), but that now either they don't test or the test has no bearing on a work permit.

@THIGV  in the past maybe but since 2018 it has never came up fr me...so maybe it doesnt  affect the work permit.

What I recall reading in previous discussions was that in the past they tested (I was), but that now either they don't test or the test has no bearing on a work permit.

-@THIGV

@THIGV in the past maybe but since 2018 it has never came up fr me...so maybe it doesnt affect the work permit.

-@NalediHisLove

Aren't we both saying the same thing?

@THIGV i think we are

@NalediHisLove Hi there glad to hear this, we have the same vision. I will not let this blood ruin my dreams. So it's clear to say that its posible that I can obtain work permit in vietnam. Im planning to fly by the end of this year or next year, when hiring season comes. I want to apply as an ESL teacher.

@Thats me Gee hi

@Thats me Gee How's your application? I am also got tested positive last year and I'm here in Vietnam.

my plan to fly for vietnam is end of this year, I would like to know. How did it go on your part?

Thank you for replying on my post. I need answers. So thank you

@Thats me Gee Some hospitals test for HIV but some don't. I did in one hospital and they didn't include HIV test. That was two years ago.  But when I tried in other hospital last month, they tested me.

@Tim Wayne is being tested positive means not fit to work?

@Thats me Gee Nope! I got tested positive but my doctor labeled me as Fit to work . HIV is controllable.

Got it so, it doesn't matter if you are positive or not, do most of the employers do this? Im planning to apply as a teacher there, Im currently working here in Thailand

@Thats me Gee My employer is so supportive of me getting a work permit and she doesn't see my HIV status as a problem at all. In fact, she want to process my work permit as soon as possible, however, someone has leaked my HIV status and spread to the parents of my parents since I am living in a small town. Everyone knows everyone.

@Tim Wayne Hello Tim, I have the same situation as you now and I don't know where to start. What did you do after the incident? Did you move to a different city? I hope you can respond :(