Anything but teach English.

Hey everyone. I have my TEFL but would prefer a career more suited to future employment in the US. I have lots of operations and government experience in the US and do not know where to search for non teacher jobs. Everything I see on LinkedIn or Indeed is like coding or sales and they want like Chinese only or don't consider my application for unknown reasons.

Any suggestions or thoughts on where to find jobs. Need 18,000rmb/month or more.

I have housing and lots of family in Dalian and have been then many times and know my way around. I also speak a fair amount of Mandarin.

Hello Falada84,

You could go through the Jobs in Dalian section and maybe you will find something that might interest you.

Good luck  :)

Alexia
Expat.com Team

To be frank, if you are seriously interested in future employment in the USA, do NOT work overseas. Most HR organizations will consider non-American employment as a "black hole". To them it is suggestive of being lazy, collecting welfare benefits or touring the world with a backpack.

That is not true, but that is how it works.

The moment you work and live outside the USA bubble, you become different. HR will never look at you the same way. While you will have some advantages in certain areas, you will have  talent stack that would be to exotic for most HR staff and employers to consider.

Try "LinkedIn" lots of Chinese company contacts.

Living in China you must be aware that employers registered to employ foreigners should only choose foreign workers when they are unable to find a Chinese one qualified to do the job. Unless they have a special skill unavailable in China there is no need to employ foreigners.