Time to find a rented house in Dublin

Hi All,

I have got a job in Dublin and I am looking to move to Dublin by Feb / Mar 2019. My prospective employer is providing me temporary accommodation for 30 days. Will I be able to find a house / flat / apartment within this time? I just want to understand how much time will it take to find a rented house in Dublin?

Thanks
Shiva

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

My opinion is that you'll probably find a house, flat or apartment; the question will be whether you can afford the prices, Dublin is very expensive for most things.  This link will take you to a website with some properties for rent.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thats interesting. I have a similar situation.

How much is enough for a good life style in Dublin. Rental and Car Insurance are outrageous.

dubliniift wrote:

Thats interesting. I have a similar situation.

How much is enough for a good life style in Dublin. Rental and Car Insurance are outrageous.

Thats the question, everyone is different?

I had the exactly same situation.I wrote 150 mails thru daft and only my current landlord responded to me.Luckily I found out during face to face meeting that he was my director's friend.Dublin house market is insane and no one taking action a out this.I spent 55% of my salary to my rental property

shiva.shankar87 wrote:

Hi All,

I have got a job in Dublin and I am looking to move to Dublin by Feb / Mar 2019. My prospective employer is providing me temporary accommodation for 30 days. Will I be able to find a house / flat / apartment within this time? I just want to understand how much time will it take to find a rented house in Dublin?

Thanks
Shiva

How much do you have in your budget?