Airline returns

On another set of posts, I think someone mentioned that I would have to have a return date on my airline ticket.  If I was coming to look at properties and vacation a bit and possibly buy something, I might not have a return date planned.  Can someone help me with this?  Thanks again, y'all been most helpful.

We booked one-way with Air Canada, and the only question asked about returning was to make sure not was before or after the Christmas rush.  Nobody at the airport or customs asked at all.  But of course, we came in to start Residency, so if they had asked, we had paperwork and our Residency Visas to backup the one-way  ticket.

Others' experiences will vary, of course.

Once again, we have covered this multiple times.

The law here makes it the airlines responsibility to ensure you either have residency or a return ticket. This ticket does not have to be the same airline!

Some airlines enforce it and some do not!!!

If you attempt to travel on a one way ticket be aware the airline MIGHT enforce the law and you will have to buy an expensive return ticket at the gate!!!

Your risk, your choice!!!

To clarify that the immigration law does require that a person entering DR as a tourist does have to have a return or onward ticket. (rules of application 631-11 of law 285-04  articulo 8. a .2)

It appears that immigration officers at arrival rarely implement this requirement but as noted some airlines are diligent and refuse passage without the return ticket.

However today there is a publicized report today in the media of a number of Venezuelans being refused entry at SDQ and returned home for not having a return tickets when arriving as tourists. Yes they were Venezuelans who are problematic migration wise in DR, but the immigration entry requirement for a return ticket is driven by migration law and is emphasized in some foreign embassies travel advice and enforced by some airlines.

Your risk. Your choice.