Finding homes to rent in Mexico

Maybe some one can help me. Having made the decision to move, I'm running into the most difficulty in finding rental properties. I looked at some properties in Ensenada when I was there in October. Told the rental agent that I wanted to rent a property, and haven't heard from her since. I've identified properties on websites that I'm interested in but when inquiring about them, I'm then shown other properties, not the ones that were listed for rent. My question is, how to I find an reputable agent to work with that will show me properties that are actually available so that I can make the move after the first of the year.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

grasshopper51 wrote:

Maybe some one can help me. Having made the decision to move, I'm running into the most difficulty in finding rental properties. I looked at some properties in Ensenada when I was there in October. Told the rental agent that I wanted to rent a property, and haven't heard from her since. I've identified properties on websites that I'm interested in but when inquiring about them, I'm then shown other properties, not the ones that were listed for rent. My question is, how to I find an reputable agent to work with that will show me properties that are actually available so that I can make the move after the first of the year.

You might look at the housing section at the top of the page for a start. Be aware they are a face to face kind of people, you will put in most of the effort, and internet or email connections are not really their thing.
Oh yes, they may have a website, but I won't do much for you. They want to know you are there and you are serious. Even trying to deal with insurance or the government tends to be very tedious at best. They want to call you or see you, that is just the way it works.

Well, I love it here in Merida at the top of the Yucatan. If you come here, I can recommend Barby White who's a local Mexican. She's trustworthy and goes above and beyond the call of duty to help you make the transition: from house hunting to shopping and contracts (she's an attorney), she can help!

FYI she found me a gorgeous home we're moving into tomorrow,for less than $500 USD with 4 bedrooms, a huge kitchen, 2-car garage and a pool! We couldn't be happier.

Wow!

grasshopper51 wrote:

Okay, you might find that you need to constantly follow up on people here.A lot of times it's the squeaky wheel deal.
The best way is to go look for yourself and call and talk to the people who are actually renting the property. If you are being shown other properties that usually means the one you were interested in is no longer available or it is not available to your agent.. If they are showing you properties then look at them and see if you can find something. They are showing you what they have available to them. Most homeowners do not use an agent to rent their homes. They do it themselves.
Good Luck.

So smallworldls, that sounds very tempting but can you tell us a little something about life in Merida?  Are there English speakers, English books and movies, American groceries, expat groups to ease the transition till we aculturate?

Hello,

I am interested in using Barby White services but I can't find a contact for her. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thank you so much,

Ana

What is strange is that when I go to housing and type Ensenada BC, it gives me all other locations and eventually Ensenada.lol

When I looked I found this.
Ensenada
$ 850 per month
Houses for rent in Ensenada
House for rent, 3 bedrooms, 2000m2.

The properties will only be what is in the system, what property owners put in. So you will likely see large areas like Mexico cd first.