Dating and finding love as an expat in the United Arab Emirates

Hello,

With cultural barriers and different dating norms, finding love as an expat abroad can be exciting and challenging at the same time.

Is it easy to meet other fellow single people in the United Arab Emirates?

How do you go about meeting people (through friends, online dating, apps, meetup groups)?

How safe is it to date in the United Arab Emirates?

How do you deal with cultural differences when dating?

What are certain dating etiquettes and rules when dating in the United Arab Emirates?

How do you deal with getting into a serious relationship if you know you might be leaving the United Arab Emirates?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

Good question.
For me, it is a big challenge to find the right woman.

Good topic. Finding date in dubai is quite easy. But finding a meaningful date turning into serious relationship is rare. In Dubai everything so far expat community is concerned is artificial. No emotional attachment. Even relationship is of mutual interest. So go ahead enjoy your Thursday night till you get bored and loose lot of your hard earned  money..

Hi

Interesting topic... Especially in a place like united Arab Emirates. Well dating is very easy here because mostly people only looking for fun n time pass.. But when that turns to serious relationships.. U will end up alone. No one is ready for commitments here. That's what I feel and see around happening.
Good luck to u.

There is still real friends here who value relationships,good luck.

Not at all, You picked a wrong person better choose wisely coz they are many good guy around here if you cant find one then try and try :D

its very safe and sound to be have someone on date in UAE, no problem at all.

I thing you are right as people who got married here 80% of them divorce so soon. So people just want to be connected with someone emotionally but marriage no way :)

Very Interesting topic... Dating in a place like UAE is never easy here because mostly people are from different cultures & communities. If Some time you find some dates but you will not find a meaningful date which turning into serious relationship is very rare. Everything in Dubai is artificial. No emotional attachment. Even relationship is on mutual interest.
It is big challenge for me to find the right lady.

In my opinion dating or meeting people even for friendship abroad could  be a very challenging thing ( I think) for expats or people who lives abroad or away from their country ;

It could takes lots of trust , and honesty to go ahead and give it a try.

so whoever looking for friendship and/or dating should be very clear, and honest about what exactly they looking for?  especially if they are from different culture backgrounds.

so the other person clear if they stand on the same ground!

Very good question, definitely not easy to find the right person! Dating websites aren't allowed, in any case the dating websites that you are able to acces mainly use fake profiles and just rip people off, not sure if there are any genuine ones!
Bars, clubs and restaurants are full of show offs with very few normal people!
You can't make friends easily, and even when you are in a circle of friends, not always true but there seem to be a competition of who has the best job, the highest paid, the villa....etc, people of lower incomes are invisible!
Dubai is lovely, I do like the place, it's modern, safe and offers a lot of freedom and lot of good things but there is some imbalance and a lack of community feel. Dating is definitely an issue!

Hi All, just my 2cents.

I think it comes with maturity and where you are in your life. If you are easily woo'ed by fickle and immaterial stuff then you are an easy target. Loyalty and Trust is earned and dont compromise yourself.

Your Morals and values are there for a reason. There will ALWAYS be better, sexier, prettier than you or ur partner.. Its finding that mutual respect and communication around ur true intentions. If u are lied too, once bitten twice shy!

U meet people for seasons and not some are lessons, preparing us for the next thing.

Just my 2cents.

M x