Dating and finding love as an expat in Egypt

Hello,

With cultural barriers and different dating norms, finding love as an expat abroad can be exciting and challenging at the same time.

Is it easy to meet other fellow single people in Egypt?

How do you go about meeting people (through friends, online dating, apps, meetup groups)?

How safe is it to date in Egypt?

How do you deal with cultural differences when dating?

What are certain dating etiquettes and rules when dating in Egypt?

How do you deal with getting into a serious relationship if you know you might be leaving Egypt?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

I think it depends on how did the date happen, was it a buy accedent date through a friend , or one of these weird apps,
I mean, the more its natural , the more it is better

Hey there, dating is a touchy issue in Egypt. You must be pretty careful to choose a partner and not get abused in any shape or form. Most people here will see you as a catch to better their lifestyle somehow. Alot of times a foreigner can be misunderstood for their beliefs, that can be very frustrating. It's always good to take another opinion of other expats or trust worthy friend that have past experiences and have lived here for a ling time to give better insight. Good luck to everyone.. Am open if anyone needs advice am a dual citizen hand have lived on both sides ,I'd be glad to hear from anyone for any sort of help. 🙂

In my experience, most men pretend they are single when they are not and they view you as a way to get a visa for getting out of Egypt. Also i lost my life savings to a 'boyfriend' who constantly lied and finally cheated me out of a business contract for a hotel we were meant to run together. If anyone wants to know more details about this (to avoid the same person doing it to another woman, which i know he already has) contact me. This experience has spoiled the way i view my lifelong love of Egypt. Things will never be the same again, unfortunately there are bad people about who destroy things for all the good ones.

@Mowafy Mr

Hello,

Please note that you are replying to an old post of 2018. This member is no longer active.

Regards

Bhavna

Closed