Certificate of no impendment uk to marry Morocco

Hi
I've  registered for my certificate of no impediment which will take 28 day's. So i can marry my moroccan fiance.
Only thing were now unsure of.
1,My partners id is all from guelmim as that's where he's from originally.
However mum lives in Agadir now so we were planning to marry in Agadir.Is this possible as he originates from Guelmim ?
2, my mum used a marriage name for me during school years that i forgot to mention to the registrar , legally i should not have been called by her husband's name but back then there was no rules as such on changing names and she didnt want her 2 children having different surnames. ive emailed the registrar and told them i made this error,
Does the certificate CIN detail former known by names?
3, i put only Morocco on the form as where we will marry as we will be marrying with an adoul.
I wasn't sure if i should put Guelmim or Agadir as per point 1.. will this cause an issue? Stating Morocco ?

Help 😫

Trickyv wrote:

Hi
I've  registered for my certificate of no impediment

2, my mum used a marriage name for me during school years that i forgot to mention to the registrar

This could be a deal killer, and worse

Any UK official document must have your legal name on it or it's invalid - Worse than that, it's a criminal offence to give false information when you apply, that potentially leaving you with serious legal issues.

One thing comes to mind that could be your saving grace - Does the name you gave on the application match that on your passport?
If it does, you're probably fine - If not, you could have problems with the UK government, the local authorities, and the marriage might not be legal if you used a false name (regardless of how that happened) on the marriage certificate.

I see from another thread you've also applied for a birth certificate - whatever name is on that should match the name on your passport, the certificate application form, and the marriage certificate.

The certificate used to name the city you intend to get married in and is only valid for that area. This may have changed since I applied for mine but it's worth checking.

Hi yes

My birth certificate. Passport and driving licence is all in the same name. However my mum married years ago and told the school my surname was her husbands name. She never changed my name as such. Just didn't want us going to school with different surnames i legally changed my name at 21 and then changed it back recently to my father's name on birth certificate ive updated passport driving licence bills bank etc. But forgot to mention the name she gave me back then tp the registrar it was never really a legal name as she didn't change my name only an alias due to her marriage. Im just concerned as i may show up sonewhere as having a 3rd name alias and its not on the certificate. I don't want the authorities in morrocco wondering why i didn't divulge it . It was so long ago i didn't think. But legally i changed it twice. And my documents are all the same now.
Will the certificate show *known as* ?
The registrar didn't ask if i had been known by any other names other than the deed poll which i produced showing i reverted back to my birth name. 😫

Hi yes the birth certificate passport cin etc are all in the same name now. But my mum used her husbands name as an alias for me back in the 80s. When i left school i changed it by deed poll (the alias as i left school with that name which was a marriage name) And since have changed by deed poll back to my birth certificate name.
Im not sure where we marry if hes originally from guelmim but wish to marry in agadir as there adjoining provinces? 😫

Also i forgot to mention the alias, the registrar did not ask me if i was known by any other names just if i had been married before.
Does the certificate state known as..
Also we only wrote morrocco on the place to marry. Must it state in which area ?

All sorted now:)