Applying for a Visit Pass

Hi All,

Before I seek for an advice, let me just give my warmest thanks for this forum as it is indeed extremely helpful. Here's my story, I visited Singpore last two months and before my departure, I was held at the immigration maybe they suspected me that I work illegally or for any reason that they havent indulged..  I just stayed there for 2nights 3days as booked and planned.  They asked for my ticket, hotel booking, how much money I had, my stuffs,  they even checked my cellphone if I met someone else. I showed them everything they want and after some minutes of interrogation they let me out. I had to chance to ask them what is my violation why I had to go with all of these and if I can still visit Singpore. They said no violation but next time I will visit I need to seek an invitation letter from ICA.  Im planning to visit again this month and luckily I had a friend who is in permanent resident visa who can apply for my visit pass.  What I wanna seek advise is, with regards to the application for a visit pass, what is the best travel date that we can put in the application form14a  for the intended date of travel.  What I mean is the least date, would it be for at least two weeks or  at least a month before the application.  Thank you very much in advance.

You said that you are planning to visit this month, then your friend can apply online visa for you before you plan to book tickets. You should know which you date want to visit and what's the purpose of visit.

You need to wait for your visa approval, once it's approved then you can book your tickets accordingly. Good luck

Hi suryak,

Thank you for your advise. Would it be fine if we will put on the third week of November? She is planning to go next week for the application of my visit pass. Actually, she will go to ICA directly because she was asked to deposit a certain amout as a a guarantee. We are thinking, if it will be an issue for ICA approval if the application will be in just a matter of two weeks time before the intended date of visit.  Big thanks

In normal cases, it takes one day to 2 days to get visa approval. I think in your case it won't be longer too. Ask your sponsor to visit ICA as per your plan to visit. Your sponsor may get the application result in a day or two.

Once again, big thanks Surya2k...Does it mean it won't be any issue if the application is made before two weeks ofthe intended date of tavel? The normal process is one or  two days but we are afraid it might be issue for approval because one friend of hers said that it should be at least a month before your intended visit. We really don't know about these if it is stated that it should be a month prior to visit. We just to make sure that it won't cause any problem for our application. Big big thanks.

Even if you apply 1month before also, should not be an issue. Why it will be an issue?