I had BAD EXPERIENCE in Electronics Repairing services in Saigon

TV :
--------------------------
One time my 55'' TV had a problem. It was running 15-20 minutes and then automatically shut down..
I called the official repair center of TV brand.
Repairman came to home and after checking said "it is an electrical problem, it can be fixed around 1 million VND, but he must bring it to their center".

I accepted it,  but asked about transport method of this very big TV. Because their method is putting TV behind a motorcycle, without any addition protecting box or something !!

He said "I am experienced in TV transportation, I always do like that...don't worry", then I had to expect.
But after 2-3 days they called from center and said that "there is an electrical problem and a screen problem. A layer of screen inside is broken, and half of the view in not seen on the screen. Repair cost is 12 million VND" 

BiNGO !!!!
They brake the screen layers on the motorcycle !!!  (as I worried)
Because view was 100% normal until they came to take it !!
I could not prove anything and took back my dead TV .. That's all  :(

Projector:
My projector was working perfect but only life of the lamp was expired and needed to be changed. I already had an original second lamp as a backup. What I need was only "replacing the lamp".

I gave the projector and lamp to a "projector repairing service". After few they they said "it is finished"..
But when I go to take it back, I saw view of the projector was damaged.
Lamp light was not oriented to the center anymore, upper right corner of screen was very bright, lower left of the corner was always very dark. They damaged the focusing system also, lens was not moving smooth  to go to the right focus point.
Later although tried more and more, nobody could fix these things.

FINALLY
There were some minor other stories, but in 2-3 steps, or more,  we could achieve some solutions.
So I am not telling them here. I wrote 2 big ones only.

But I can say that, I never could have any experience that everything went very smooth with repairing services here !
It is never happened to me that "I called repair service, they come and fix everything 100% and without creating another new problem" .. Always and always I had to face with a new or additional problem with them!

After all, I am afraid to give any of my device to repairing services.

For example now my laptop is making overheat and sometimes stops working by itself. It is not very new, probably it simply needs to be opened inside, clean the dust around fans (maybe replacement of the fan), and maybe thermal gel of CPU is dry now, and it must be renewed.

But I am using the laptop in this way, because I afraid if I give it to somebody, I can say GOOD BYE to my laptop forever :) :)

Maybe there are some good repairing services in the city and because of they are not very much, I don't know them..

If you know a trustable and talented, professional repairing services I will appreciate very much if you share.
Because even brand names' official repair centers are not good, and I don't know which place to trust after that.

For TV, For Projector, For Laptops
Maybe separately specialized different centers for each of them, or together for all, do you know any good repairing services?

Excellent rant from someone who didn't use a decent service but expected a decent service.
You have to get real and refuse some local who claims to know what he's doing but can't even manage reasonable transport - That's a lesson.

Same goes for the projector - you take it to an authorised repairer, not some dude who knows a bit about them, as he obviously didn't.

For example now my laptop is making overheat and sometimes stops working by itself. It is not very new, probably it simply needs to be opened inside, clean the dust around fans (maybe replacement of the fan), and maybe thermal gel of CPU is dry now, and it must be renewed.

One strong bit of advice - customers that know a bit about things are as bad as repair people with the same lack of much.
Your description means you're either guessing or have been inside the thing - bad idea.

Fred :

One strong bit of advice - customers that know a bit about things are as bad as repair people with the same lack of much.
Your description means you're either guessing or have been inside the thing - bad idea.

The experts proceed in the same way as described by the OP.  You think about what could be the cause of the problem and you're approaching the root of the problem step by step until you have found the malefactor.

I think the OP has "guessed" the problem well and can also do the first step himself trying to solve the possible cause with the help of Youtube videos by opening his laptop and removing the dust with the help of a vacuumed cleaner and a compressed air spray.

Andy Passenger :
Fred :

The experts proceed in the same way as described by the OP.  You think about what could be the cause of the problem and you're approaching the root of the problem step by step until you have found the malefactor.

I think the OP has "guessed" the problem well and can also do the first step himself trying to solve the possible cause with the help of Youtube videos by opening his laptop and removing the dust with the help of a vacuumed cleaner and a compressed air spray.

Hey Fred or whatever else you are ,

My post was not for you a person who is angry to everything.

I just posted it to find a reliable repair service.

If you are angry to your life, or to yourself, or to another something. else .go and drain your inside poison to that point.

I saw that you have 18426 forum posts :) ha haha
You can only live in forum pages ha? (and NOT FOR HELPING like other good people)
Only in forum pages, by attacking to some people, you can feel your living and existing..ha?
You NEVER write TO HELP..but always writing TOTALLY EMPTY, MEANINGLESS and USELESS words...right?

And You even could not survive in your simple DJ job.. I even don't enter to these subjects.. :)
A totally EMPTY PERSON who has never tried to HELP to ANYTHING in this world in reality!!
Just wasting the atmosphere's OXYGEN for NOTHING !!

In reality you are A NOTHING in REAL LIFE !

Did you fill yourself great now after this post ? ha hah ahaha..poor you LOSER!

Now get out from my post.

If you  reply to this again
BE SURE THAT I WILL NOT EVEN REPLY TO YOU
I don't have time for sick minded, or low IQ, or low EQ people.. I didn't here to satisfy their weird emotions !
I know you will like to continue this conversation..but I will not give you this chance !

Because it is too much value for you..
It is your job to live the life in Forum Pages..
It is NOT my life
Sorry :(

-------------------

I usually don't want to ask help from these kind of forums..
Because all sick people like this one are here..
And you cannot prevent this.

Normally forum is for HELPING and SHARING each other.

But these kind of people are only making the Forum CHEAPER, LOWER LEVEL and DIRTY !
They don't help any other thing except these above...
Maybe I will never visit this forum again..
I came and immediately saw a new sick one again !

These sick people are trying to use the forum pages for SATISFYING their  unsatisfied emotions coming from their childhood time, and now as well ...poor them !

Michael Waran :

But these kind of people are only making the Forum CHEAPER, LOWER LEVEL and DIRTY !
They don't help any other thing except these above...
Maybe I will never visit this forum again..
I came and immediately saw a new sick one again !

These sick people are trying to use the forum pages for SATISFYING their  unsatisfied emotions coming from their childhood time, and now as well ...poor them !

Yes Michael,
I can understand all what you mean. And agree...

Unfortunately you can be away from these people in your real life, but not possible to be away in public places like "Forum"

But don't think "Forum" is bad because of these people. There are many good and helpful people here also.
By the time, we will eliminate these people by writing our comments and rejecting their not supportive posts !

Michael Waran :

Normally forum is for HELPING and SHARING each other.
!

yes it is right
this place is for sharing and helping instead of attacking without any reason

but just ignore these people

it seems you already solved and know their difficulty in their inside
you cannot change this

so the best way is ignoring them
I am doing like that
they are writing, and only, they are listening their own things
I never care them

Murtazaa :

so the best way is ignoring them
I am doing like that
they are writing, and only, they are listening their own things
I never care them

Yes, you are right!

Usually I tend to ignore them too..
But maybe my cumulative ignorance exploded here :)
In very long time, I really get rid of these anaerobic bacteria which lives around, and eats forum pages :)

Skip that pathetic people like Fred. But I have the same problem with Michael.

Can anybody advise a reliable repair place in HCMC?

Michael Waran :

In very long time, I really get rid of these anaerobic bacteria which lives around, and eats forum pages :)

:) :) :) LOL

me too :)

Whoops.  What did we do, fall for a troll?

New poster Michael Waren and new poster Murtazaa both signed up for Expat.com on April 3, 2018.

Coincidence?

Inductance :

Who is Michael?

Andy Passenger :
Inductance :

Who is Michael?

I am.

And came here to ask a simple question.

Sorry but I have some expat friends, some of them are really very close friends , we eat, drink and spend time together many times...they also always follow my posts..And one can post here ..

sorry about it , if it was a problem for you !!!

Here we go
I'll try to type slowly so this is easy to understand.

A guy turns up on a motorbike to take away a large TV and the poster has problems.
It's a bit obvious - thus the advice is to use an authorised repairer that actually has safe transport.

For future posters - Asia has a lot of small businesses set up by people with little training, no proper equipment, and no transport save a motorbike.
The trick is to avoid them in favour of correctly trained people from authorised agents. If you buy a legitimately imported product, the manufacturers offer full in and out of guarantee back up for your equipment.
The cowboy companies are there, and they're often very cheap, but they offer nothing and are likely to create more problems than you had in the first place.

If you've already made that mistake it can be a little hard to accept your foolishness, but accept it you have to, then treat it as a learning experience.

Also, never buy products in a third country. The warranties won't be honoured

Sooo,  you are saying that your projector had a burned out bulb.
You had a spare bulb.
But then thought it was wise to send the whole projector someplace to replace the bulb?

What am I not  understanding.

Now, if i understand your laptop problem, mine had the same problem.
the solution is easy. Don't do anything until it no longer works.  Backup frequently. When it stops working buy new one.

I've known several foreigners, myself included; who have experienced similar issues.

The problem being (I assume) the OP can't speak Vietnamese and doesn't know how to distinguish professionalism here.

I recommend the OP learn how to repair things by watching youtube or improving their language skills.

Watching the laptop guy while he does it? Should be straightforward... Glad to hear you knowing about internal dust and new thermal paste ;-)

It sounds to me like you've run up against the usual problem when it comes to repairs in Vietnam (just like in Malaysia where I lived before): They tend to patch things up and not repair them properly. Just like the houses and apartments you want to rent: they look great, until you look at the plumbing under the kitchen sink, or the wiring in the fuse box. Shoddy workmanship but it looks good from a distance at first glance. Same with motorbike and scooter repairs (80psi in the tyres, WTF???). They get things going again for a while and are masters at that...

Sorry I can't help you with reliable operators that solve things properly when it comes to TV screens, though I'm sure they are around. I just had a good experience with iKnow in D2 after I spilled a glass of Coke on my Win10 laptop's keyboard. It cost a bit but they did the job just fine -- I hope for now, and if there's a problem, I'm sure they'll be falling over themselves to fix it. But that's computers, not TVs. Maybe they can refer you to someone reliable.