Visa issue

Hello fellow expats,

I'm a western expat here teaching in Saudi Arabia on a visa issued by the company that I work for.

The current visa in which I'm working on is a business visa (even though it states not permitted to work on there) whereby I have to exit the country every 90 days but has a validity of 1 year.

I've had some serious issues with the company and no longer want to work for them. Although I'm still employed by the company, I wanted to find out whether it's possible to transfer to a different company under a business visa?

Also, are business visas attached to a company? Lastly, if I'm provided by a visa from another company does this nullify my current visa?

Any responses from someone knowledgable in this field would be gladly appreciated.

dear,
it seems you are on a business visit visa that is not transferable you can leave KSA at any time without the exit re entry process. if you do have any offer just ask them to issue a new visa for you and you may come back after all the formalities done.

SaudiQ99 wrote:

I wanted to find out whether it's possible to transfer to a different company under a business visa?

if you are on a business visa then you are not bound to the company in any way.  It is possible to easily transfer to another company. However, your visa does not fall in the transferable iqama category, that is only for individuals having working visa issued by a company to them. And so in your case, you will have to exit outside the kingdom on your recent business visa and ask your new employer to issue you another business visa which you can easily use to re-enter the country with no issues.

SaudiQ99 wrote:

Also, are business visas attached to a company?

Yes they are. Very thing of Saudi comes with a sponsor, there must be someone sponsoring you in to the kingdom. Therefore business visas are linked to a business you are coming to do in the kingdom which in your case the school you did be coming to teach in.

SaudiQ99 wrote:

Lastly, if I'm provided by a visa from another company does this nullify my current visa?

Only if you existed the kingdom with the recent visa. Once you exit it is nullified, you can then apply for a new one with a new company. You can then re-enter the country under your new sponsor and visa.

flex14 wrote:
SaudiQ99 wrote:

Lastly, if I'm provided by a visa from another company does this nullify my current visa?

Only if you existed the kingdom with the recent visa. Once you exit it is nullified, you can then apply for a new one with a new company. You can then re-enter the country under your new sponsor and visa.

Does that still apply if it's a multi-entry business visa? As I can re-enter the country as many times as possible.

SaudiQ99 wrote:
flex14 wrote:
SaudiQ99 wrote:

Does that still apply if it's a multi-entry business visa? As I can re-enter the country as many times as possible.

Yes it does. Multiple entry visa does allow you to enter many times, but each time you leave, it is classified as a final exit till you get back in. So once you leave it's considered you are gone and might not come back.

Look:

1) You are NOT allowed to work on a business visa
2) A business visa is tied to a sponsor.  Theoretically, they can't stop you from leaving but if you go to another employer, they might call labour and tell them that you are "working" for someone else.  In this case, you will be in trouble
3) They can't stop you from leaving as you are NOT their employee.  You can leave and cancel your visa.  Then ask your new employer to apply for another business visa for you.  They CANNOT apply for another business visa while your current business visa is in it's validity period - therefore it must be cancelled.  It also CANNOT be transferred