Marriage in Egypt

Hi All,
What are the qualifications needed to marry in Egypt.
I have recently discovered my husband(an American citizen) has moved to Egypt with the woman he was having an afffair with.
She is Egyptian but had been living in California for the last 10yrs.
I was just told by one of her friends that they married here in California at her Mosque in June then moved to Cairo in September.
She knew he was a married man and apparently that didn't bother her.
He and I had contact up until he left. I am quite shocked and not understanding at all how they could possibly get married or have any sort of legal paperwork that states that.
Could someone please explain or point me in the right direction for guidance.
I have already contacted the Embassy, trying to locate him.
Bills are piling up, cars are getting repo'd etc.....
thank you!

I am sorry to hear this.  In order for her to marry him informally/religiously in a masjid in California he must revert to Islam if not already a Muslim.  In Egypt, to be married legally he must register his marriage with the US and Egyptian Embassy.  At both Embassy's he must state under oath if he is married or divorced.  If he lies it is a crime in both countries.  I would contact both Embassy's to inform them.  Remember he is now considered a Muslim man in the eyes of Egyptian Islamic law and may take up to 4 wives legally,,,,but not providing for current wives and children is against both Egyptian and Islamic law.  You can hire an attorney to investigate.  I know of one here in Cairo that I could recommend. Please private message me if you would like.

I am sorry to hear this.  In order for her to marry him informally/religiously in a masjid in California he must revert to Islam if not already a Muslim.  In Egypt, to be married legally he must register his marriage with the US and Egyptian Embassy.  At both Embassy's he must state under oath if he is married or divorced.  If he lies it is a crime in both countries.  I would contact both Embassy's to inform them.  Remember he is now considered a Muslim man in the eyes of Egyptian Islamic law and may take up to 4 wives legally,,,,but not providing for current wives and children is against both Egyptian and Islamic law.  You can hire an attorney to investigate.  I know of one here in Cairo that I could recommend. Please private message me if you would like.