Accommodation

Good Morning,

Pls I will like to have some advice as regards accommodation in Brazil

I intend to visit Brazil for 3 week, Maximum 1 month and would love to spend 1 week in Sao Paulo before moving to Floripa for another 2 weeks.

What's my best option for accommodation aside hotels? Whats the cost of renting apartment for the above period of time..... (1 week in Sao Paulo and 2-3 Weeks in Floripa)

I wish to have a great experience  in my stay... above all, security means more to me.

I will appreciate your advise.

Regards

Charse

We've been very satisfied making short-term apartment rentals through AirBnB, in São Paulo and other cities in Brazil.

Ok. Thanks for the information. I appreciate

Yes, AirBNB like abthree mentioned is the best option. I recommend Pnheiros, Vila Madalena, Jardins and Itaim Bibi neighbourhoods (shops near by, quite safe,  great restaurants and easy to go to any part of town). You can get an appartment for USD 280 for one week

Thanks Gaby. I appreciate your message and recommendation. I will look at it. I also learnt  ”Avanhandava/Mancini”, it's a touristic street and quite safe too. Is  ”Avanhandava/Mancini” close or in the neighbourhoods of Pnheiros, Vila Madalena, Jardins and Itaim Bibi. It's a family trip (Myself and Wife), so safety is of utmost importance to me. Thats why I am making much inquiry to get the best of services and pleasures around safe places. Thanks

Rua Avanhadava is a short street of restaurants, several of which belong to the Mancini family, near Centro, the Historic Center of São Paulo.  The street itself is pretty safe, and you can get a good (but expensive) dinner at the restaurants, but Centro is not as good a choice in terms of security as the neighborhoods Gaby recommended, where I'm sure you can find equally good restaurants.

Thanks so much for your response. I appreciate. These locations recommended by Gaby, are they close or in the neighborhood of tourist attractions in Sao Paulo ? What tourist attractions can one find around them ? Apologies on lots of questions, I wish to explore the place and would appreciate if I got a tour guide.

São Paulo has a lot to offer in terms of tourist attraction. The main destinatonsare located in different areas of the city, but Vila Madalena is well known for having awesome live music bars and cozy restaurants and also the famous open street art gallery called "Batman´s Alley". personally love this area of town. Itaim bibi its a little more luxury and has many shops. I wouldnt recommend the center also (and the street you mentioned above) as it can be dodge, speacially at night when all stores and offices are closed and streets are empty.

In my opinion the top attractions are:

Paulista avenue, Farol Santander; The São Paulo Museum of Art, known locally as MASP, Municipal Theater, Ibirapuera Park, live samba with a traditional feijoada, Street Markets (liberdade & Bixiga) and
get a taste of our Street Food (brazilian delicious coxinha, pastel, acai berry, brazilian beers etc), Batman's Alley and Vila Madalena nightlife, Soccer Museum, Municipal Market and Guarujá (Sao Paulo famous beach).