Looking for school for my children in Brussels

Hello all,

I am hoping for some advice from you regarding schools in Brussels. I am an Italian, married with a Spaniard, living in Washington DC. My children are 8 and 6 and they go to a local American school.
They are fluent in English, Italian, and Spanish.

We will move to Brussels in summer 2019 and I am looking for a school that would be a good match for us.
I have so far looked at:
1. European School - main problem we do not work with the EU, so that may be pretty difficult.
2. Lycee Francaise - how is this school? My children are better in English than French....

We would prefer a bilingual English-French, the only English schools seem very expensive plus I would like the kids to learn French, but I am looking for school where the transition from the American school will not be too difficult.

Any advice would be really appreciated!!
Thanks
Chiara

You won't get a place at any of the 4 EEBs so cross them off.
You may get no places at LF and without French, even if places, the school may not accept your children.
Why must they go to French-English school?
There are over 300 free French local primary schools in Brussels.
Alternatively fee paying schools are between 8k and 35k. None of those offering French-English will result in true fluency to mother tongue except LF. For mother tongue fluency, local schools are best.
Private schools are all on this map.
https://batchgeo.com/map/0777fe5f939fe0 … 91ceee1066

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed. Please register your services in the business directory. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct