Appeal Letter Denied - Refused Entry

Hi everyone

I need some advice with my case. I'm a 45 yo woman, living and working in Indonesia.
My background story is that, I have changed my last name and I did not tick the correct box on the immigration card when they asked about whether I have used different name to enter Sgp (according to ICA officer, I did this for more than 10 times continuously).  It was unintentional on my part as I was not really paying attention on the card (it was like a forced of a habit.)

Early July: My entry to Sgp was fine, but when I was leaving Sgp, my passport got flagged when clearing for the immigration. ICA held my passport for about a month while they investigated my case
Early August: They decided not to charged me with anything and gave me a stern written warning. I was also told that the next time I want to visit Sgp, I have to send ICA a written letter to ask for permission to enter.
Early September: I sent them a letter asking for permission as I have a return flight ticket to Sgp in November (I bought them in March).
Mid September: I sent them another letter asking them to consider to waive the requirement of sending a letter for permission. My reason was that I frequented Sgp to visit my doctors and that in case of medical emergencies, I might not be able to wait for ICA to reply to my permission letter. (I gave them evidence)
Mid October: I sent them a follow up emaiI on my permission letter. As I was told by ICA officer (when they gave me that stern warning letter) that I should email ICA if they have not reply to my letter within a month.
Just yesterday: ICA emailed me, refusing both my entry to Singapore in November and my appeal for them to waive the requirement.

I visited Singapore like once a month since last year and I usually stayed there for less than a week. I went to Sgp frequently because its so close to Indonesia and also to visit my doctors, to shop and to maintain my condo (its for personal use). I have no family/friends in Sgp and I do no business in Sgp. My visits are purely personal.

I really want to visit Sgp again. Any suggestions on what to do next? Should I visit Sgp's embassy in Jakarta? or??? Please help.

Thanks in advance for the advice and help. Really appreciate it.

I would not say it was intentional or not but it's height of ignorance. You are very much aware of Singapore law and it's strictness but doing this silly mistake repeatedly has no excuse.

Do you have house (condo) in Singapore (you have mentioned “to maintain my condo”)? I mean are you the owner of that condo? If yes, did you mention in that letter?

Apart from medical attention (not sure if there is no doctor in Indonesia who can do provide that service or not), other reasons are important for ICA to consider.

There is nothing wrong to visit Singapore embassy in Indonesia and try your last appeal. But, sorry to say if ICA has clearly denied your appeal and continue with the ban, there is no way you can visit Singapore.

Please don't try to visit here without ICA permission or else you may be banned whole life. Good luck

Hi Surya, thanks for replying.

Yes it was my fault and I have no excuse for it. When they gave me a stern written warning, I thought it was okay (as in they found that I have no criminal/bad attention when changing my last name or when I ticked the wrong box), isnt it?

Yes, the condo is under my name. I also have a bank account in Sgp. I told them about this when they interviewed me back in July. But did not mention this in the letter. Are this important?

As you know, a lot of Indonesians visit Sgp for medical reasons, including me. Thats because I feel that doctors in Sgp are more knowledgeable and more thorough when doing medical examinations. I myself did some medical surgery in Sgp instead of Jkt because of this. And my doctors in Sgp, they know all of my medical history.

May I know what do you mean by my last appeal? I'm just wondering if they did not give me permission to enter Sgp, why do they even bother to tell me to ask for permission? It seems that they will not grant me permission if I just want to spend some holiday time in Sgp. I mean under what circumstances will they grant me permission?

Should I try to meet with some immigration lawyers? Or apply for the singapore visa with local sponsor? When visiting the Singapore embassy in Jakarta, will my visit be a discussion with them or will they take it as me appealing? Does it seem rushed if I visit the embassy next week (as in will this make ICA wonder why I'm very eager to visit Sgp?)

Should I try to write another appeal in maybe 1 - 2 years later? Is it okay if I ask for another permission in like 6 months or so with seeing my doctors and condo as a reason? What would you do if you were in my shoes??

Thanks!

You can ask local sponsor to visit ICA office and request for your visa. No need to wait that long, ask the sponsor to visit their office asap.

Yes, on your appeal, it's very much required to define your purpose of your visit. You should have highlighted that you have your own condo in Singapore. Good luck

The Singapore authorities are smart and all databases are interconnected. Thus they certainly know that you own a Condo here and visit frequently. This may even be to your disadvantage (most people who do that have some business and potentially illegal work).
You got a very clear answer from ICA: Do not visit! I doubt that consulting the embassy will change this, but it also does no harm.
What you should do is contact ICA and find out how long the ban will last - and only try to visit after that.
A lawyer will not help you and may make things worse.