Car trailer

I am looking to buy a small trailer to tow behind my car (Greek plates) do I need to register the trailer in any way

I have asked my Greek husband this question and his reply was....you need to register the trailer,it must be part of the MOT to ensure its road worthyness,the same as a vehicle,brakes,tyres etc...proper hook up to the car,together with the car, during its and the cars MOT.All quite easy to do,sounds stress but its not.

I wanted to add to this subject about trailers that one day a couple of months back my husband was stopped at a garage that fixes electrics on cars,its just as you go over the old rail line at Corinth,and the electricians were outside working on someones trailer and I thought..oohhh,thats looks good,it had two lovely triangles at the back with red reflector round,they were testing the signal lights because of course you need the brake lights and signal lights at the back of the trailer and number plate.Its very important to be safe here in Greece as they usually drive just a few inches from your rear end and might not see a trailer till its too late.We had our alternator remade in this place as we couldnt afford a new one,75 euro,took a few hours so we strolled around Corinth,and just now we had the starting motor cleaned by them,we thought it had died as it was growly on starting,a garage would have said..oh yes a new one required...money...the alternator is still fine after two years.They are such sweet guys,one is a motorbike rider,collector of old ones,he hides them now around Corinth away from his wifes eyes.haaa so if you want bike repairs hes your man.Their repair shop is next to the old line crossing of Corinth,it looks insignificant but isnt.Ive heard the boss say..oh please God help me with these terrible customers.. haaa especially when its above thirty degrees.

@Captain B  Hi according to the rules in Greece if your trailer is commercial and over 750kgs or 3,500kgs it needs to be registered.

If the trailer is like mine 650kgs it's a voluntary registration and not compulsory.

However, it goes on to say that to tow a trailer it must have a registration plate displayed on it.

Which indicates to me that it must be registered and tested with your own vehicle and is MOT inspected with it too.

Hope this makes sense. Keith GB.

If anyone has any further clarification please let us know. Thanks.