Visa for canada from brazil

I am Canadian ,,just married Brazilian ,,so ,,,,for my husband to come to canada with me to visit my family,,,,I priced a company  in Canada and they will charge me 780.00 CAD funds for him to get visa which it still isnt guaranteed ,and need to buy flights prior to getting accepted or denied,,,and flight to canada now where I live is best price 1600.00 each return ,,,so will be big chunk if denied ,,,
Im wondering whats best way to do so ?
under the US visa program ?
or directly to canada but I think its harder thats my concern,but not sure ,,what to do ?
or should I apply for sponsership for him for family, ,not sure whats best possible way,,,,first off?

Thank you
K

This is just a visitors visa?

Why don't you and he just get him a Canadian visa at the Canadian Visa Office in São Paulo?  Your money would be better spent on a romantic getaway in SP than on some possibly sketchy company back home.  It's hard to believe that they'd deny his application under the circumstances.  Here's where to start:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-re … paulo.html

Getting a US visa would just mean that you and he have to go through TWO visa processes, rather than one.

Hello Kimmie B,

I moved your discussion to the Canada forum for a better interaction.

Cheers  :)

Alexia
Expat.com Team

Thank you all so much,,,Will forsure go to the Sao paulo Canadian visa office ,,,:O)))

Sure thing.  :top:

As a Canadian citizen living in Brazil, you should know the locations of all the Canadian diplomatic posts in the country:  one of the reasons they're here is to help you, as in this case.

You should also check the website of the Canadian Embassy in Brasília to see whether, like the US Embassy, they let you register your contact information with them, so that they can send you travel advisories, and contact you in case of emergency.

Finally, be aware that Canada and Australia have an agreement to assist one another's citizens, when one country has an office in a city, and the other doesn't.  A good thing to know when traveling.