TEFL - Seeking Position in Da Lat

Hello - I  am a TEFL Certified Australian with a wealth of experience. (Certified 2003).  My teaching experience covers one to one, workshop and classroom.   I have taught in a variety of locations in Vietnam over the years,  including ILA Saigon.  I am seeking a part time position for 2019 in Da Lat.  Please feel free to PM.  Thank you  - Lynette

Hi, and welcome to the forums.
Adverts are not allowed on the open forums but you can post a free advert in "Jobs" at the top of this page.

https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/asia/vietnam/

Actually neither posting here or in the classifieds is likely to work as well as simply going into each of the local language centers with your CV in hand.  Its not exactly a big city.  I expect you could visit them all in one morning.

This just advertised on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1699345 … 673339339/

Wow - that's exactly what I am looking for, it's a perfect fit.

I have everything but what they are looking for.....

Jim-Minh wrote:

Wow - that's exactly what I am looking for, it's a perfect fit.

I have everything but what they are looking for.....

With the exception of the one year experience, aren't these the minimum legal qualifications.?  Considering how commonly other places bend the rules, this school should be commended.

If you lack the one year experience, you should apply anyway.  If you lack the basics (Degree and TEFL) you need to rethink the entire idea of teaching ESL in Vietnam.

I am taking a 120 hour online course to get my TEFL cert now and will enroll in a class to get "hands-on" instruction with students when I move to Saigon later this year.

I was making a self-denigrating joke. I am hoping to leave the SJW types far behind when I move to VN.

Jim-Minh wrote:

I was making a self-denigrating joke. I am hoping to leave the SJW types far behind when I move to VN.

Nothing Social Justice about my comment.  I merely observed that this school seems to follow the rules while most do not.