Introduction

Hello everyone,
I'm very interested in everyone's opinions, ideas and helpful hints on moving to the Bavaro beach/ White Sands area.  My sister and I are going to buy a condo in that area and we do have some concerns about different things. I have searched and Google sent me here 😊

Would our condo be safe if we bought now and just visited a couple times a year till we retire? How could we find out how safe the gated community is?

Thank you in advance for your help

I am very sorry that I am unable to assist you. I live on the North shore, Sosua.  You will need to investigate the area & ask people who live there. Bavaro is Basically Punta Cana & usually a safe area. Members who live there will answer your questions. Welcome & we wish you well.

Welcome to the forums.  It is a fairly safe area but you will need to look at any specific location and ask lots of questions.

Will you rent out your condo when not here? If so a property manager can help. If not you need someone you trust to keep an eye on things. Leaving a property for month's is not often a good idea BUT that depends on the property etc

Thank you, we weren't planning on renting it out. We will be sure to ask other tenants if we can.

In that case whoever is managing here for you can keep an eye on things as well. Yes, ask  your neighbors both expats and locals.  Check out the area several times during the week and weekends.  Surprises can show up -  once rented a place and it was amazing EXCEPT  Wednesday night when a neighbor held church at his house fully equiped with loudspeakers etc..... LOL  That was not a big deal, but highlights the issues that can and will show up.