Tourist visa

I'm on a 3 month tourist visa which will expire next month,  what's the best way to get another 3 months?

Leave the country for a few days and then re-enter. In the past 7 days has been suggested if not leaving until between 80-90th day.

Gravitas , thx for your response,  u always been a great help to everyone over here.

1. How many do I need to stay outta the country?

2. Upon returning to KL ,would the immigration at the airport ask to see an airliner reservation to prove that I'll be leaving Malaysia??

Hi, I'm also a tourist in KL, currently on my third tourist visa.

The first time I left, I went to Cambodia for a week. When I came back they didn't ask anything, but I think that also may change depending on where is your passport from...

The only time they asked me for the ticket to leave Malaysia was in this last occasion...

I hope it helps you

I moved here about 6 mo ago . I used to come once a year to visit so Ive been in and out
for several years. But the last 6 mo Ive left 2 x , once to US for 3 weeks and another to Indonesia for a week. I live here now..... but how to live and feel secure if I have to keep leaving. Obviously there is no guarantee that I will be let back in after a "visa run" right?
And if I have pets then this would be disastrous :( 
I want to work but I know it is difficult for foreigners as well as the work visa. I cannot afford the MM2H....
I am wondering who has lived this way and for how long???
Im feeling quite distressed....

Try looking at the Sarawak Mm2h as it can be achieved without showing income and a smaller fixed deposit. On S-MM2H it is possible to live in Peninsular Malaysia

There is a discussion thread on this forum.

KyoMimi wrote:

Hi, I'm also a tourist in KL, currently on my third tourist visa.

The first time I left, I went to Cambodia for a week. When I came back they didn't ask anything, but I think that also may change depending on where is your passport from...

The only time they asked me for the ticket to leave Malaysia was in this last occasion...

I hope it helps you

How long did you stay in your fisrt time visit by using 90-day Malaysia tourist visa?

Thank you so much. I even moved my pets here so if I dont find a solution I will have to move back :(

Thank you Gravitas! Will look into it.

Can't work on the Sarawak M2H, and quite difficult even with the MM2H. Sarawak M2H is a bit cheaper but restricted to those over 50 years of age. It also requires a Sponsor who is Sarawakian. So there are several restrictions. Apartments here don't usually allow pets.

Gravitas wrote:

Try looking at the Sarawak Mm2h as it can be achieved without showing income and a smaller fixed deposit. On S-MM2H it is possible to live in Peninsular Malaysia

There is a discussion thread on this forum.

Can you live in Sabah as well if you have the immigration status with Sarawak MM2H?

No can't live in Sabah on Sarawak mm2h

cinnamonape wrote:

Can't work on the Sarawak M2H, and quite difficult even with the MM2H. Sarawak M2H is a bit cheaper but restricted to those over 50 years of age. It also requires a Sponsor who is Sarawakian. So there are several restrictions. Apartments here don't usually allow pets.

Foreign income is acceptable just not local. I assume you must have some income to be supporting yourself right now. If not your only option is to seriously try and get a job or start an online business. Depending on what are your qualifications and experience the likely success finding employment.

cinnamonape wrote:

Does the Sarawakian sponsor need to be Sarawakian-born or have his/her MyKad issued in Sarawak before he/she can be a sponsor?

Kalanu73 - bear in mind that you risk getting a 30 day Do Not Land unless you are outside Malaysia for reasonable lengths of time between entries.

post wrote:
cinnamonape wrote:

Does the Sarawakian sponsor need to be Sarawakian-born or have his/her MyKad issued in Sarawak before he/she can be a sponsor?

Sarawakian born, living in Sarawak with a Sarawak address on their MyKad. If applying in Kuching, they must live reasonably near there.

post wrote:

I think those are the same (there may be a few exceptions).  However, it is also true that Sarawakians that live "permanently" outside the region are ineligible.  They do not allow Malaysians with PR in Sarawak to be a sponsor, either. By and large, the Sponsor should be in Kuching (mainly because the sponsor needs to be easily available for an interview). I do know of one applicant who is applying through Miri immigration (because their sponsor lives in Miri), who seem less knowledgeable about the procedures.