Responsibility is a Unique Concept

Some of the most beautiful things we have in life comes from our mistakes. There is only one basic human right, the right to do as we well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences. Responsibility is a unique concept... I may share it with others, but my portion is not diminished. I may delegate it, but it is still with me... If responsibility is rightfully mine, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless I can point my finger at the person who is responsible when something goes wrong, then I have never had anyone really responsible.

In the end there is nothing to be done but to state clearly what has been done, without shame or regret, and say: "Here I am, and this is what I am. Now deal with me as you see fit. That is your right. Mine is to stand by the act, and pay the price." I do what I must do, and pay for it. So in the end all things are simple. When I start to accept responsibility for the results I get in life, I also take back the power to change my future outcome. I guess responsibility is a blessing, not a burden.

I would say Amen to this..

Share your expat experience and get in touch with other members

OR