Mazatlan or Ensenada for next winter?

Hi everyone. My first post here.

My wife and I will spend our third winter in Puerto Vallarta this year. We love Puerto Vallarta, but this year will be our last. It's getting too expensive and maybe, with all the new condos going up, too crowded. 'Seems like the culture is changing, too.

So, for next year we're considering Mazatlan or Ensenada (Rosarito?). We are spending several days getting a feel for Mazatlan on our way to PV this year and will be checking out Ensenada next spring. Does anyone have knowledge or recommendations between these two areas? Are there other places we shoud consider? We want to be close to the ocean, and no further south than PV. We prefer mid-sized towns - big enough for an art community (my wife's an artist) and some music (jazz for me?), but not huge.

Thanks in advance.

Hack

Hi, maybe you should look at the Riviera Nayarit with its numerous little towns but filling up in winter with snowbirds and all being close to the beach.

http://explorenayarit.com

Buena suerte en su buscada, GyC.

Well for winter living the weather in Mazatlan is Better than the Baja. Warmer for that time of year. As for the arts the Baja has a lot of expat artists and art in general. The area between Rosarito and Ensenada.