Using A Buying Agent For Amazon, Etc

I saw a little bit of chatter on this subject on the HCMC board.

Anyone have experience using a buying agent such as FadoDOTcom (Fado) to complete purchases from Amazon and handle all import duty fees plus shipping?

I'm probably going to need new size 14/46 shoes and/or sandals within the next year.

I use one company, but I buy them myself and then ship it to us address and they ship it to hanoi. And pay per kg.

I've been curious about Amazon and Vietnam.. I'd rather not have to depend on someone in Dallas to be an intermediary.

I have to come up with something too.... recently made two purchases on Amazon and neither of them delivered... :(

This is not a recommendation as I've never used their service, but Viet Air Cargo would ship to Vietnam your purchased goods from Amazon, Walmart, Costco, eBay, etc.  Their shipping fees include taxes and customs.

We buy goods at the countries we visit.  Our trips fulfill our need to travel, provide us with another visa stamp and opportunities to buy things that are not available or too expensive here.  For our recent trip to Australia, the very strong US dollar (plus GST refund) made excellent shopping.  We bought a camera for my spouse, zoom lens and tripod for me, plus food and household stuff, and ended up paying hundreds of dollars less than we would had we bought them directly here or in the States.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:

I saw a little bit of chatter on this subject on the HCMC board.

Anyone have experience using a buying agent such as FadoDOTcom (Fado) to complete purchases from Amazon and handle all import duty fees plus shipping?

I'm probably going to need new size 14/46 shoes and/or sandals within the next year.

I have already used https://weshop.com.vn.  An article (which I didn't find in Vietnam) from Amazon US for about 500k Dong and transport/customs costs about 500k Dong was delivered to me after about 4 weeks.

But only a Vietnamese credit card was accepted.
You have to try if Schwab is accepted.

I have been shipping foodstuffs, clothing, baby formula, and utensils to Saigon for several years. I've used 3 different companies in the Dallas area with no trouble.  I would imagine that any U.S. city with a Vietnamese community would have similar services. I have been paying $2 per pound for shipping to Saigon. I have had no problems to date. It is labor intensive and time consuming. I am going to have my camping gear shipped to me when I get to Saigon.

I make annual trips to the US to see my aged aunt. During the year I maintain a list of stuff to bring back, and I update my the Amazon shopping cart. A few days before I return, I transfer my credit card 2% refund reimbursements to my Amazon account, then place the order for California delivery. I will take two suitcases, one empty stuffed inside the other, on my way over.

Saigon shopping for foreign goods is sparse compared to Bangkok, and I assume Singapore, KL, HK. The clothing bargains in Bangkok are unbelievable. Huge malls and markets. I would be shocked if you couldn't find size 14s there. With all the large Europeans, Middle Easterners, Indians you see.

A third option, since there are many custom tailors here, perhaps you can find a cobbler to make some cool shoes.

gobot wrote:

I make annual trips to the US to see my aged aunt. During the year I maintain a list of stuff to bring back, and I update my the Amazon shopping cart. A few days before I return, I transfer my credit card 2% refund reimbursements to my Amazon account, then place the order for California delivery. I will take two suitcases, one empty stuffed inside the other, on my way over.

Exactly what I've been doing for the last couple of weeks, buying slowly and have everything delivered to CA.  The list is long for Amazon, Costco, Cost Plus, Trader Joe's, Home Depot, and other smaller outfits.  I'm not even taking any clothing with me because I still have tons of clothes there.  The 2 suitcases and a carry-on will be completely empty on the outbound flight, but I'll use the entire 115 lbs allowance on the way back, not just from shopping but also from our own belongings that we didn't know we would need here.