Investing money in saudi

what's a good way to invest 40k Usd in saudi , as far as i know there are no CD accounts , no bank interrest ,and under the age of 30 u cannot open ur own business ,u even need a saudi partner to do so. 
what do u people do with your extra money ?

Post it to Lloyds offshore UK

Normally I visit Dubai if I have extra money.

invest it on gold..or better yet, send it back home..

Xtreme, u a lady??

in Saudi Gold is your best bet...you can buy gold bricks - 5g and 10g small bricks (biscuits)

Alternatively invest off shore (your home country)

Open a bank account in hong kong and invest in RMB bonds / shares / AUD time deposits.

(just my opinion. Thank me if I'm right but dont complain if I'm wrong!)

Chok dee! (good luck)

Give it to me :D

I will double it

in spending :P

Xtrem wrote:

what's a good way to invest 40k Usd in saudi , as far as i know there are no CD accounts , no bank interrest ,and under the age of 30 u cannot open ur own business ,u even need a saudi partner to do so. 
what do u people do with your extra money ?

Xtrem as our friends above advised, i also would second the investment in Gold. Its a very safe and secure investment with no liabilities. In case of emergency you can cash them . Dont invest money in business which have high liabilities in the KSA, i can tel from experience. Yeah had you been in the 100k range i would have had a better investment advice ;)

I'll not suggest spending it in Gold as it is at its peak at the moment .

There are couple of options for small business investments but involve lots of risks.

slyshooter wrote:

I'll not suggest spending it in Gold as it is at its peak at the moment .

There are couple of options for small business investments but involve lots of risks.

like...

I also prefer gold

gold is at a high price around SR 1880 per gramme.

But the general trend is upwards...there may be some small down turn..but if your considering long term investment then gold is a win win situation. Its easy to carry and liquidate should you need physical cash.

Do you wish to invest in imports? With a good return?

the investment is only in Saudi Arabia by the way.

I advise you to invest quarter of the amount you have. Is better to loose it all. You can start little business such as to exhibit some products in some exhibitions, such as Iranian sweets for examples. i was working in exhibition field. It's nice way and enjoyable.

I think this is the best way.

Good luck

SaQiB wrote:

i would... please PM me

shahab.ali wrote:
SaQiB wrote:

i would... please PM me

Done!

if you want saudi partner please email me

SaudiUK wrote:

gold is at a high price around SR 1880 per gramme.

But the general trend is upwards...there may be some small down turn..but if your considering long term investment then gold is a win win situation. Its easy to carry and liquidate should you need physical cash.

This is convincing indeed. Can you please also apprise on how much gold is allowed to carry outside KSA ? Any restrictions at Immigration counters/Airports ?

dont worry... take as much as u want... the limit is way abve our imaginations i guess

Hi Xtrem :)

When it comes down to investing, the most important make it or break it factor is always going to be the knowledge and experience in the field that you wish investing in otherwise success rate is pretty slim.

Investments can be divided into passive and active ones (my view).

Passive investment:

Like buying gold etc. and waiting until the prices goes up by a good % and selling then repeating the process.

Active investment:

Creating a business like a restaurant and this kind is the best in returns, speed, flexibility, and growth potential but require extensive knowledge.

So, it shouldn't be a brainer in choosing to actively invest.

However, why would you create an actual physical business where you have to have a big down payment to start and all the legality involved and the need for a Saudi partner etc. where in the other hand you can have an even better opportunity investing in an online business (website)?

As an IT consultant/expert this is exactly what I do for a living including web development.

Believe me when I say: there's nothing like having an online business. Have you ever heard of Ashley the owner of whateverlife.com? She makes $70000+ a month!

However, web development requires so much knowledge and experience because there are so many technologies involved.

If you really up to it, I am the man to talk to about this and I can advise you on how to proceed with this from designing to programming, marketing etc. (I actually do these, not just consultation) 

Good luck and feel free to contact me about this or anything else :)

ITpro wrote:

Hi Xtrem :)

When it comes down to investing, the most important make it or break it factor is always going to be the knowledge and experience in the field that you wish investing in otherwise success rate is pretty slim.

Investments can be divided into passive and active ones (my view).

Passive investment:

Like buying gold etc. and waiting until the prices goes up by a good % and selling then repeating the process.

Active investment:

Creating a business like a restaurant and this kind is the best in returns, speed, flexibility, and growth potential but require extensive knowledge.

So, it shouldn't be a brainer in choosing to actively invest.

However, why would you create an actual physical business where you have to have a big down payment to start and all the legality involved and the need for a Saudi partner etc. where in the other hand you can have an even better opportunity investing in an online business (website)?

As an IT consultant/expert this is exactly what I do for a living including web development.

Believe me when I say: there's nothing like having an online business. Have you ever heard of Ashley the owner of whateverlife.com? She makes $70000+ a month!

However, web development requires so much knowledge and experience because there are so many technologies involved.

If you really up to it, I am the man to talk to about this and I can advise you on how to proceed with this from designing to programming, marketing etc. (I actually do these, not just consultation) 

Pmed ;P
Good luck and feel free to contact me about this or anything else :)

is there anyway to show that i really own the money without showing info ? if you follow up my posts , i asked about opening bank account in saudi , aka , why would i bother keeping the money near me in saudi ,and not in leb ?? Simple logic : because i want to use it , and who would ask about investing if the money is small ????

discussion closed as demanded by the thread initiator

Closed