British Moving from Dubai to Kuwait

Hello All!

Would be great if anyone (Ideally British) who has moved from Dubai to Kuwait as a resident and could shed some light on the process?

Ive been in Dubai for 3.5 years with my Wife whos on my visa from Khazakstan.

From my understanding

Company apply for NOC, my docs required
- Attested Degree Cert
- Medical completed in Dubai

Once NOC received travel to Kuwait
- Submit Police Certificate - Is Dubai good conduct ok or do I need document from UK? (DBS etc)
- Carry out Medical Kuwait

The next part after this I'm unclear of, do I submit the original passport also? How long is this held pending processing?

I understand once resident permit stamped I then apply for Civil ID

My concern is, I'm planning to go back to the UK for Xmas on the 20th December for 10 days, so planning to be in Kuwait to start the process on the 5th of November (pending NOC issued).

Does that period in between seem enough to get everything done?

My concern is being stuck in Kuwait for Xmas : (

As mentioned any info from a Brit who has done the same would be worth its weight in Gold!

The visa process from documentation to temp stamp to first entry to medical to residency stamp to civil id may frustrate you. These are not as streamlined as UAE.

On your first entry to Kuwait on the work visa, you shall NOT be able to leave till you get residency stamp on your passport. From first entry to residency stamp, sometimes it may take a month. Plan your vacations accordingly.

Your employer should be able to answer your queries about NOC etc. Usually it is required from the place where you spent past two years.

If you are short tampered or tuned to well defined processes, you should start meditation and yoga :)

Even after joining your employer you may find funny HR rules including notice period, sick leave etc which are defined by government. You may think those are your employer's HR policy but in reality those are by law.

The conservative culture, heat and non availability of alcohol also may irritate you. Still have patience, you shall get habitual of them because there are tons of other options to get entertained.

On positive side, you shall be able to make very good savings unlike UAE which is damn expensive now a days. Petrol & electricity are as good as free. Malls are great. Food is very reasonably priced.