Belgium visa for spouse

Dear All

I will be applying for my work visa type B soon through the embassy. I need to know if my family(wife and 2 kids ) can apply together or is it necessary that I need to go to belgium, get my work permit and then apply for family visa from there?

Please advise

As repeatedly stated in many existing threads in the forum, yes you can apply together and it is better to apply together.

I thought that is what the threads say..but here is the reaponse i got from the company. That is  what makes me confused. Could you explain how it should be done?

"The family will have to apply for a visa D on the basis of the employee's residence card. This means that they will not be able to join from day one.

It is not possible for them to come to Belgium on visa C and change their status here, like the employee himself can."

I know this topic is old but I have the same situation right now. The company says I have to go to Belgium on my own settle there wait 3 months and after that my family can apply to Type D Visa in Turkey. And it can take up to 9 months.
This means we will be seperated for a year and it does not make sense.

Is it true?

No this is not correct if you are still in your home country and applying for visa together with your spouse.
Me and My wife applied together and our visa was approved together.

The situation you are telling is if you were already in Belgium and your spouse is in your home country.

That is great news. Thank you for the reply.
Our situation right now is;

I got an unoffical work offer and I am thinking about accepting it.
After I tell them I am accepting their offer
they will send the original offer with the signatures.
We are both in Turkey right now (non EU citizens)
I will apply for a single permit and I have no idea about what are we oing to apply for my wife.
But if you say we can apply toether and et accepted together that is good to know.