How much will it cost to buy a small flat?

Hi there

I would like to ask how much it will cost to buy a small flat in the Philippines? and what is the cost of living?

Since you are a foreigner, it will only be possible for you to purchase a condominium type of investment.  As in many countries, prices for real estate vary widely depending on the location that you chose to live.  For  example, a small flat, somewhere between one and five million pesos will be a possible range of prices.   Your cost of living is also impossible to estimate.  Since you mention a small flat, your living costs could vary between thirty thousand and three hundred thousand pesos per month as well.

Hello egalex and welcome.
How long is a piece of string ??  Housing depends on where you are, what standard of living you will put up with, how long you stay and other personal tastes.
Land cannot be owned by foreign nationals.  Have you been to the Philippines before ? I would suggest a visit to see the conditions here before you embark on a major relocation.
regards  Bruce

Bob604 :

Since you are a foreigner, it will only be possible for you to purchase a condominium type of investment.  As in many countries, prices for real estate vary widely depending on the location that you chose to live.  For  example, a small flat, somewhere between one and five million pesos will be a possible range of prices.   Your cost of living is also impossible to estimate.  Since you mention a small flat, your living costs could vary between thirty thousand and three hundred thousand pesos per month as well.

How much it is by dollars? or what does the dollar equal in peso?

GoDees :

Hello egalex and welcome.
How long is a piece of string ??  Housing depends on where you are, what standard of living you will put up with, how long you stay and other personal tastes.
Land cannot be owned by foreign nationals.  Have you been to the Philippines before ? I would suggest a visit to see the conditions here before you embark on a major relocation.
regards  Bruce

No, unfortunately, I have never been in the Philippines before. I do not ask about land, though it was good from you to tell me about a land situation, in fact, I ask about a small flat like "studio".

Hello again
I think you should have a look at post by bigpearl on best place for housing on line discussion on this site.  My thoughts are it is probably best to rent short time, 6 to 12 months then decide if and where you want to live. Gives you breathing space to make your best choice.  Getting an unfurnished condo and furnishing it yourself works out cheaper for 12 months or more lease.
regards  Bruce

thank you GoDees

you can buy land if you are married to a pinay.
You can live for as little as 800 a month or 5000 a month.
American dollars.
Renting i think is the best way to go. I'm moving to phils next year permanently.
Province area in southern leyte. Its nice safe and real cheap there compared to manila

Hmmmm, yeah I know everything will be easy if I was married to Pinay but unfortunately, I am not married yet. still single  :cool:

egalex :

Hmmmm, yeah I know everything will be easy if I was married to Pinay but unfortunately, I am not married yet. still single  :cool:

As stated previously you need to rent for at least a year, and since you have never been to the Philippines you need to explore what areas may be for you.  A lot of reading will be required, you can get the pesos to dollars info online every day.  Good luck.

small flat? depends on what you call a small flat? You cannot build anything or own a house and or property with out being married to a Philippine woman.
I am moving there permanently in 14 months. I expect to spend about 100k on a very nice house right on the beach so I will have no rent. Then live off my savings spending about 20 to 30 thousand pesos a month. then i have 50 years to live so that will be 100 since im 50 now. If you don't have at least 200k American in the bank I wouldn't go to live there unless you plan on coming back in about 2 years

hello....i am renting a firnished condo in CEBU for $200 a month.....i have been in thailand and the philippines the last 15 years.....Saturday i will look at a 2 bedroom house with furnishing for $12,500 us dollars....also found another one for $16,000 dollars but needs work....Both are near the ocean....You pay cash and put in a filipinas name...then you lease it from them...its easy....I have a cottage in Negros island already....Bought the land and built a cute small cottage there......no problems.....JOE

Those prices must not include western amenities like running water and sewer, tile brick. If they do is it in a safe area? What builder did you use? I'm interested because even to buy a plot of land in leyte that is 3000 square meters is 10 to 70 grand American dollars. is that like a nippa hut for that cost. A lot that is 100 square meters? Please help. I'm looking to build as well. My wife is Philippine so I can buy in her name. But not finding anything close to those prices you are talking about without it being a farm house on ag land which you can not live on lawfully