Citizenship

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if I can apply for citizenship if have lived previously in Mauritius for 5 years with my parents and my brother is born there .
Kindly note that I didn't apply for citizenship while I was living in Mauritius as I was under 18 and my family returned to country of origin and it has been more the a year since we left Mauritius.

Regards.

Are your parent Mauritians?
Here are the rules to become citizens:
http://dha.pmo.govmu.org/English/Mandat … NSHIP.aspx

No they're not

Then, if you are not living on the island for a required period:

NATURALIZATION OF AN ALIEN OR BRITISH PROTECTED PERSON
Under section 9 of the Mauritius Citizenship Act, a non-commonwealth citizen may be naturalized as a citizen of Mauritius if he has resided in Mauritius for:
(i)  a continuous period of 12 months immediately preceding the date of his application; and
(ii) during the seven years immediately preceding the period of 12 months referred to at paragraph (i) , for aggregate periods amounting to not less than 5 years.

Application for Naturalization under section 9 of the Mauritius Citizenship Act shall be submitted to the Secretary for Home Affairs in the form set out below. The application shall be subscribed in Mauritius in the presence of a Judge or the Master and Registrar of the Supreme Court or a District Magistrate.

An applicant for Naturalization shall in addition place an advertisement in two daily newspapers in the form set out at the bottom of page 4 of the application form referred to above.

you are not eligible.