Relocating to Malta from the UK with my 2 Children and Mother.

Hi Everyone

Please help me!! 😫🙏

Ok so I have successfully landed a great job based in Sliema and I plan to relocate in January 2019 with my 2 Children aged 14 and 10 and my mother.
My questions are as follows:

1. I take it that I need to apply for ordinary residency to obtain a Maltese ID card, do I need to apply for this for my family also, ie. will my mother need an ID card if she is not working and is there something I need to get for my children or will they automatically be on mine?

2. Will my mothers state pension in the U.K. be affected if she moves to Malta

3. What is the equivalent to SKY tv in Malta

4. Are there after school clubs that finish we a later time as I will be working until 6pmso couldn't get my daughter till around 7pm

Thank you
Please help!!!!!

Staceyindica wrote:

Hi Everyone

Please help me!! 😫🙏

Ok so I have successfully landed a great job based in Sliema and I plan to relocate in January 2019 with my 2 Children aged 14 and 10 and my mother.
My questions are as follows:

1. I take it that I need to apply for ordinary residency to obtain a Maltese ID card, do I need to apply for this for my family also, ie. will my mother need an ID card if she is not working and is there something I need to get for my children or will they automatically be on mine?

2. Will my mothers state pension in the U.K. be affected if she moves to Malta

3. What is the equivalent to SKY tv in Malta

4. Are there after school clubs that finish we a later time as I will be working until 6pmso couldn't get my daughter till around 7pm

Thank you
Please help!!!!!

You will have to apply for the eResidence card (Not Maltese ID) as an employed person.

Your mother will have to have her own eResidence card and your children will have to be registered as your dependents.

If your mother receives a UK state pension then that will be sufficient income for her to apply as self sufficient and she can apply for full health cover by using the S1 form available from the International Pensions Office in Newcastle.  Her pension would still be fine and would still be paid into the bank of her choice.

Sky TV is available as an IPTV service using a service provider and will cost you anything from €7 or 8 to €30 a month plus of course a Broadband service from an ISP in Malta.

There are after school clubs but I am not familiar with those!

Ray

Thank you so much for this Ray.
Would my mother not be classed as a (dependent) so to speak as I will be supporting her financially?

Kindest

Will your mum be getting her pension then?

No
I would be solely supporting her for 2 years

Staceyindica wrote:

Thank you so much for this Ray.
Would my mother not be classed as a (dependent) so to speak as I will be supporting her financially?

Kindest

Not sure if it works in that direction, mostly it tends to be children who are dependents, might be as well to check with 'Identity Malta'. I expect it would be OK but you never know.
Better to know now rather than when you have made the move, also bear in mind how big a salary you will need to support the whole family with the rental costs you will find in the Sliema area.

Ray

Staceyindica wrote:

No
I would be solely supporting her for 2 years

Your mother may need to apply for health cover using the Reciprocal Health Agreement not the S1 as she will not be in receipt of a UK State Pension. This cover is not comprehensive and only covers emergency or day to day needs, not elective surgery.
Your children as dependents will be covered by your social security payments but not sure that would apply to your mother.
She would not be covered by the NHS whilst visiting the UK once residing in Malta, nor would she have a valid EHIC card (if using the RHA health cover.)
She could of course take out private health insurance, at a cost!

Ray

If your mother has sufficient savings she could prove self sufficiency
that way.