Young adult scene in Mauritius?

Wanted to get a feel for what the young adult scene was like on weekends etc in Mauritius. I'm a 27 year old gent probably making the move early next year... Can you point out what gets your heart racing? Are there fitness clubs? Golf groups? Particular areas that people tend to flock to on the weekend to enjoy?

I am particularly interested in Tennis, Golf, fishing and general fitness. Love the beach, I know who doesn't right? If you could help paint a picture of what to expect in these areas this will help me a lot!

Thanks in advance and hope you are all loving life :)

Any young expats in the 25-40 age group that can help?

Hey Jimbo, I am a young adult in that age group.... I have worked Mauritius for 4 months only. The night life is ok on most parts of the island. For fitness and gym ok too. Depends on where you will be staying I guess.

Miriam

Hello,

if you can tell us where you will be staying, we can give you a better insight into what you are looking for.

There are fitness clubs practically everywhere now. You can buy a golf membership to allow you access to courses located either within hotel compounds or outside run by private entities. Same for tennis.

However, Mauritius is not really a night life destination island wide. Most nightlife is centered in the coastal touristy areas and in the major towns in the center of the island. Even then, it's not the South east Asian type of nightlife that you can imagine.
More quiet and not round the clock.