MM2H: how long did it take for you?

eaglet; you are right. Different banks or branch tell you new story and different rules, so what I learned is to challenge these rules and ask to show me documents that requires these rules, most of the time they will back-off of these Chicken or Egg Rules which one came first. I used my US address on my account with HSBC and told they which Hotel I am staying in (hotel gave me a letter), also told many banks that without using my US address on the account, Uncle Sam (tax office) will no be able to match their information when reporting the interest payment. You know I filled account applications with 7 banks within 2 days. Since HSBC approved my account within 3 days I went with they even though their rate was not the best 2.4% paid annually as one payment. So far only 2 other Banks called to come back to open the account Affinbank and CIMB. the rest UOB, RHB, Public bank and Maybank have not called yet and it been 2 months since I applied, Great service you think?

Thanks about buy SIM card at KK and 7/11. Now I moved to  a condo in Forest City, none of these stores are here yet and the majority of shops in Mall here still closed. WhatsApp calls is working ok until I go to Johor Bahru area.

MAN AM I REALLY GLAD AND HAPPY,  I AM DONE WITH THESE CRAZY RULES AND BS

Sindebad wrote:

yes you can, but the 3 days (normally 7-10 days) is needed by the HSBC bank to verify your approval letter and get their main office in KL to review/approve your account. no matter if you have HSBC US account. I think you either missing my point or you do not believe that I am saying, they are two separate Companies and operate under different rules. I found out this the hard way with Citibank Malaysia and Citibank US told me the can not do anything about my problem and was told " It is up the Malaysia Citibank, different Companies"

Ok, Sindebad, my HSBC accounts in Malaysia are finally opened.  I got the call from the International Banking Dept.  I got the account numbers and the name of the Premier Banker in KL who is assigned to me.  I still need to wait 2-3 weeks for the welcome package at which point I need to register with Malaysia internet banking. I was told I should be able to see US and Malaysia accounts online. 

I was told that I can transfer US dollars from US based accounts into my Malaysia account(s) accordingly so presumably I should be able to instruct my Premier Banker that I want to set up the FD account before I arrive and have my FD verification letter waiting for me when I walk through the doors one day.  See, this is how it should work (or better work).  No need to wait 3 days for approval.

Ok, great congratulation. I only want to point out one thing. You only need one Malaysian account because the FD certificate(s) is in the same account as sub entry which will have a lien on it to MM2H. In Malaysia to open the online banking it require you to sign documents in person at the bank before the online banking is activated. I wonder if it's different for you since you have HSBC account in the US but let's see,  you go ahead and try to open online and see what will happen? and let us know. You are really funny and hopeful that when you arrive to the bank, they going to have your FD deposit letter on a gold plate, waiting for you ha ha ha ha buddy this is Malaysia not US. Good luck guy.

Hi guys, I already applied mm2h program for my parents by myself. it almost one year ago.
our status now is pending committee approval. Before MCO I called mm2h and immigration ,they said our application approved. but because MCO they can't issue endorsement letter.
Do you know how to proceed to another step? where to contact?

Hi, ipun
In my previous posts  I listed the contact names at MM2H office about five staffers with their phone numbers and emails. As you know they were closed for about seven weeks during the MCO and they reopen on May 1 even though the MCO is still on until June 9.  MM2H did this because they have a lot of people already in Malaysia that were approved and they are staying in hotels and it's costing these applicants a lot of money. If you go to MM2H website in the announcement section they say all New applications are temporary suspended until further notice. They are processing the approved applicants who are already in Malaysia by appointment only. When I went there on May 15th, I was told they are only processing 10 to 15 applicants a day due to the covid-19 virus. Actually they were doing the process in the lobby of the first floor and then only three applicants at a time can go up to the 10th floor to pay the money and get their passports stamped. So my recommendation to you is to send an email to a few of those people not only one and one of them will replied to you. in any case there are no passenger international flights to Kuala Lumpur airport and I think that will continue until the end of July. on their website they already announced anybody who's been approved, they will give automatic extension past the six-month limit.

Hi sindebad thanks for your reply.

I wonder how did you know you got approved?  Did you get notification email?

Because our status still pending committee approval, we called mm2h staff they tell us to contact immigration mm2h to collect letter of approval but we still not get answer from immigration.

Hi ipnu;
yes I got email last November 2019. As I stated in my previous post you need to send an email to MM2H staffs showing on my previous posts or go to the website MM2H and click on announcements. not call the immigration office. They are two different departments even though MM2H is part of the immigration. If they told you were already approved somehow they have not updated the Track My Application system on their website, usually that system lag by a months. So maybe when you call them, they must looked directly into your file, because they know the system still show you as pending committee approval.

Hi Sindebad,
You wrote, "If you go to MM2H website in the announcement section they say all New applications are temporary suspended until further notice. "  I went to the announcement section and didn't see this posted (large yellow pop-out box).  I also clicked on the link to the announcement box you provided a few days ago but that link doesn't seem to work anymore.  Are you sure this isn't referring to the period when mm2h was closed until the MCO was lifted?  I sent an email to them on May 12 asking if my (new) application was being processed and they responded yes although they mentioned the backlog was huge so it was hard to say when I would be approved.  Could you please cut and paste the announcement stating that all new applications are temporarily suspended until further notice?  Thank you very much.

Hi Rendang Lover; Sure go to https://www.mm2h.gov.my/index.php/en/
The Yellow Box on right hand side Click on Item 5 to open the PDF Document, but I think you are maybe right that was until April 30, 2020.
www.http://motac.gov.my/images/pdf/PROCEDURES_MM2H_COUNTER_MCO.pdf  :/

Page 1 PDF below;
PROCEDURES RELATED TO MALAYSIA MY SECOND HOME (MM2H) APPLICATIONS DUE TO THE CLOSURE OF MM2H COUNTERS UNTIL 30 APRIL 2020

1. ENDORSEMENT

(a) All new endorsement will be suspended.

(b) All new application for Visa With Reference (VDR) will be suspended.

2. NEW APPLICATION

(a) All documents for new application MUST be submitted by courier to the MM2H Centre via this address:

Malaysia My Second Home Centre Minstry of Tourism, Arts and Culture Level 1, No. 2 Tower 1 Jalan P5/6, Precint 5 Federal Government Administration 62200 Putrajaya (Ref: New Application)

(b) If the documents are complete, the MM2H Centre will acknowledge the application through the Check ‘N Track System and the reference numbers (five digits) will be generated and send automatically to the e-mail that is registered in the Check ‘N Track System.

(c) For any inquiries regarding the new application, please call the MM2H Hotlines as follow:

(i) 03-8891 7424 (Nur Zahirah binti Mohd Rashid)
(ii) 03-8891 7439 (Azieaniera binti Nor Azhar)
(iii) 03-8891 7434 (Nur Amirah binti Ismail)
(iv) 03-8891 7448 (Asraf Al Rashiden bin Ishak)

Also Click on Item 4 to see contacts phone numbers and email for there Additional Staffs work to help Applicants during MCO.

Item 4 PDF Document

NEW ARRANGEMENT FOR MALAYSIA MY SECOND HOME RELATED TRANSACTIONS AT THE MALAYSIA MY SECOND HOME CENTRE, MINISTRY OF TOURISM, ARTS AND CULTURE

1. The Malaysia My Second Home Centre (MM2H), Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture (MOTAC) will reopen after the Movement Control Order (MCO) period ended.

2. In view of the government effort and compliance to the protocol of curbing the spread of COVID-19, the Ministry has decided to limit the number of visitors to the MM2H Center. Therefore, all transactions relating to MM2H Program will be arranged by appointment only. Those of overstay cases are urge to make appointments quickly and will be given priority. No walk in is allowed.

3. To set an appointment, please kindly contact the MM2H Centre after the MCO is lifted during weekdays (Monday to Friday) from 8.30am to 5.30pm. The officers in charge as per detailed:

(a)  Mr. Husni bin Badu Phone. No.  : 03-8891 7418 E-mail  : [email protected]

(b)  Mrs. Ropiah binti Baharum Phone. No.  : 03-8891 7419 E-mail  : [email protected]

(c)  Ms. Noorhasmahani binti Mohd Noor Phone. No.  : 03-8891 7429 E-mail  : [email protected]

(d)  Mrs. Noor Ratinah binti Daud Phone. No.  : 03-8891 7431 Email  : [email protected]

(e) Ms. Azieaniera binti Nor Azhar Phone No.  : 03-8891 7439 E-mail  : [email protected]

4. The Ministry would appreciate your kind understanding and cooperation on this matter. 

Malaysia My Second Home Centre MOTAC 23 April 2020

Excellent.  Thank you, Sindebad.  :)

for children under 17 who applied alongside his parent, do they need medical insurance too? which kind medical insurance that will accepted by mm2h?

Hi, Ipnu;
Normally yes  all family members need health insurance, but also is dependent where are from (Country). For over 60 years old the Health Insurance is waived, because no health insurance company in Malaysia will issue health coverage policy. I am from USA and over 65 years, but I still gave the MM2H officer my Medicare Health Insurance Card and policy just for fun. :)

Sadly our application has not approved without any reasons. we applied without agent.

Do you have advice, if we submit application again or any other program to obtain long term visa?

Hi, ipnu;
That is strange normally they will send an email and tell you what's wrong with the application and  And what you did wrong or which documents are missing. They do require certain amount of Assets depending on your age and you're married status. I forgot which country you are from because they do band some citizen of some countries. Also I was told if you have visited  Israel they will reject your application if they see the stamp on your passport, this is one of the reasons they require a copy of your passport with all stamped pages. You can write them an email or call them and ask them for the specific reason. In this situation agent cannot help you if they rejected you for Specific reason. May I ask how do you know they rejected your application? Did you get an email or you saw that on the tracking system.

Hi Sindebad, we are from Indonesia.
on tracking system our status still pending committee approval. But when we call one of mm2h staff she said that our application rejected. we still not got  any explanation email from them.
we never went to israel too

Just wanted to share some information that confused me a bit regarding transferring money from the U.S. to Malaysia for the Rm 150k FD deposit.  According to my visa agent I can use TransferWise - which I wanted to use -  to make the transfer w/o problem.  In other words, the 10k Ringgit limit per day will not apply in this situation.  In addition, TransferWise's limit is $50K so no problem there either.  This is good because I plan to open my account with CIMB and they require you deposit the FD funds into your account within two weeks of opening your account.

Mm2h centre announced to cease operation starting 1 July 2020 and all new submissions will not be accepted
What happened?

Hi Geely 175;

It seems they are in the process of transferring MM2H Office from Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture   to the Immigration Department, I believe in order to save costs due to covid-19 that had hurt revenues in Malaysia. So it will take few months to get reorganized therefore they stop taken new applications until they get their act together. I do not believe they closed the MM2H program. Please read the announcement below.

""CLOSURE OF MALAYSIA MY SECOND HOME (MM2H) CENTRE

Please be informed that Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) Centre, Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture will cease its operation starting 1st July 2020. The MM2H Immigration Unit will be transferred to the Immigration Department of Malaysia Headquarter starting 6th July 2020. Therefore, any Immigration related issues may be pursue directly with the Immigration Department of Malaysia at its headquarter.
The address is as follow:
Visa, Pass and Permit Division Immigration Department of Malaysia
No. 15, Level 1 & 5 (Podium) Persiaran Perdana, Presint 2, 62550, Putrajaya 
Contact Number : 03-8880 1555 (Immigration Call Centre)
Email   : [email protected]

Due to the closure of the Centre, all new submission WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you. 

MM2H Centre Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture Date : 29 June 2020""

The way the official to announce is quite panicking. Hope they can handle the huge loads of backlogs in the past a year.

Geeky175;
This is why they are transferring MM2H staffs to IMG department. When I was at MM2H office on May 15th, they indicated that they have cleared the backlog. Actually some people got their approval letter within 90 days of receiving their reference number

Relax and have a drink on me buddy

I've been approved now since November 30, haven't been about to get in to finish it. Cancelled 2 trips already. Have no idea how long they will extend it to get if it finalized.

Where are you now? If you are in Malaysia just request an appointment you should sent an email to a few people at the MM2H office and one of they well reply and give you an appointment. If you are outside Malaysia no passenger flights available yet and there will be a 14 days quarantine at a government designated hotel at a cost of about RM300 per night plus meals expense.
By the way COVID-19 test maybe required and it is available at clinic near Kuala Lumpur airport, blood test type at a cost of RM170, one hour results. Hospital charge for the swab test RM400 with 2 days results. Both test generate certificate if person test negative.
I was told the extension is indefinite until the person is able to get an appointment for final process and arrive to Malaysia

I am in the US good indefinite sounds about right. Not going to do 14 days in a QT with family. Waste of time. Will wait until the vaccine 💉 s available.

I agree, but vaccine if we're lucky he's about a year to 18 months from now. And if Trump have anything to do with it we will never get a vaccine. So vote this November.

Next month J&j is starting human trials. Yes will vote in November.

"Where are you now? If you are in Malaysia just request an appointment you should sent an email to a few people at the MM2H office and one of they well reply and give you an appointment. "

Good luck with that...if they are shutting down operations starting July 1st.

They'll just tell you that you need to do it through the new office in Immigration.

hey sindebad - do you think they are not accepting new applications now because they need some time to transition/transfer the operations to immigration?

I am in the midst of preparing my application paperwork, and hoping to apply in October when ready.

cheers!

Hi Hejira;
Yes that is what said in my prior posts and I do think that is the case. Please Remember in Malaysia things and changes move very slow at the speed of a snail. Take your time to do your application but keep in mind that your backup documents I.E. Bank statements and Good Conduct police report and income documents are all within 90 days at the time they received your application.

Sindebad wrote:

Geeky175;
This is why they are transferring MM2H staffs to IMG department. When I was at MM2H office on May 15th, they indicated that they have cleared the backlog. Actually some people got their approval letter within 90 days of receiving their reference number

Relax and have a drink on me buddy

Hi Sindebad, does this mean the application has been approved but not being sent out yet? I applied in 9/2019 for reference.

Thanks.

Hi ht- expat;
I believe so, that your application maybe already approved or disapproved by the committee in their monthly meetings. For your information My application was received by MM2H on January 23, 2019, according to my approval letter which I received the email on November 15, 2019 indicated that I was approved during the committee meeting on June 2019, But they did not send me the approval email until November 15, 2019 and they did not show it in the tracking system as approved until the end of November 2019. As I said they are slower than a snail 🐌.

https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/categ … ims-agent/

This news mentioned that nearly 90% of mm2h applicants were rejected without reasons. It is really bad news to most of the applicants

Wow, this is really troublesome. I feel bad for people waiting for approval or application Submittal

The Malaysian gov't seems like they don't like foreigners?

https://www.edgeprop.my/content/1705995 … plications

Devastating news.

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/ … says-nancy

Mm2h programme frozen till Dec this year

Good news for extension mm2h conditional approval letter. In mm2h.gov.my web site, in announcement, you can find this:

MINISTRY OF TOURISM, ARTS AND CULTURE MALAYSIA
EXTENSION OF MALAYSIA MY SECOND HOME (MM2H) CONDITIONAL APPROVAL LETTER THAT EXPIRED DURING MOVEMENT CONTROL ORDER (MCO)
1. According to the endorsement procedure of Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) Pass, approved applicant is require to complete the remaining conditions stated in the Conditional Approval Letter and perform the endorsement of the MM2H Pass within six (6) months from the date of the letter.
2. However, due to the current travel restriction imposed by the Government of Malaysia, foreigners of certain categories are still not allowed to enter Malaysia during the Movement Control Order (MCO) period. This restriction also applies to the approved applicant of MM2H Program. Therefore, Immigration Department of Malaysia has decided to give extension to the Conditional Approval Letter for a period of three (3) months.
3. The request for an extension can be made within three (3) months after Government of Malaysia ended the MCO and after the border are reopened to foreigner. The approved applicant/sponsor is required to submit the request for the extension of the Conditional Approval Letter to MM2H Unit, Visa, Pass and Permit Division, Immigration Department of Malaysia. The required documents are as follows:
i. Letter of Intent;
ii. A copy of Conditional Approval Letter; and
iii. A copy of Passport Particular Page
4. For further inquiries, please write to [email protected]. Thank you.
Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture Malaysia (MOTAC) 23rd September 2020

Hello,
You can find more about conditional approval letter extension in mm2h.gov.my in announcement.
Hope it will be helpful.

Good day, I am within the MCO group which is not allowed to re-enter Malaysia and I have my MM2H approved since a year ago, my specific question is whether it is possible to withdraw my 50 K FD from the bank after the first year, and leave the remaining 100 K FD to be renewed as mandated by MM2H program. How exactly are the procedures to achieve this ?  TIA !

I had always assumed that the withdrawals were restricted to health, property, educational and vehicle purchases within Malaysia.

Certainly that seems true specifically for educational expenses.

Here are the details about applying for withdrawal from the MM2H Fixed Deposit.

http://www.mm2h.gov.my/images/docs/FINA … CKLIST.pdf

Thank you so much Cinnamon , I guess force majeure is not included here, I am stranded outside Malaysia and I certainly need the medical expenses coverage.

On a side note, is it possible to change Bank for FD placement after the first year ?

Kind regards