QSI school and now where to live?

Hello,we are planning to move to Malta.
We have decided that most probably our son will go to QSI. Pretty expensive but an investment for his future.
Now  we  are  looking for a House to rent. Antes advise on where to live to go easily to QSI every morning?
We are looking for a quite área, with ammenities, if possible a house with a Garden.

Thank  you!

I agree QSI appears to offer from our experience a  better education than the Maltese private education and wish we sent our son to QSI earlier - despite the cost. We live in a quiet part of St Julians with outdoor space, the travel to school is usually 15 minutes (40 minutes if the Wardens are around "controlling" traffic), otherwise, Mosta/Naxxar/Attard would be ideal to get to QSI.

Thank you so much Darrylv for the info,
My husband Will be working close to Msida and he plan to go by motorbike to avoid trafffic jump, What do you think? Os It too risky considering the way of driving un Malta?
Is the trafffic from Naxxar, Attard or mosta to Msida badly in the mornings?

On the other hand, I hace checked several real states website and to find a proper house with Outdoor space and New Kitchen and toilets the cost is above 1900€ . Is that real prices?

Thank you again!!

When you look at the agents websites please remember that a lot of the properties will not be available as they do not keep their websites upto date, also you need to be here to look not decide
without looking, good luck.

Its frightening enough driving in a car in Malta so not sure I'd have the nerve to go by bike.  My colleagues drive in from Mosta and Naxxar and takes 45 minutes to St Julians - worst part Naxxar to San Gwan.

As for property think the bigger challenge is finding a proper house or a  new/modern kitchen full stop.  As Gozomo says agents websites not up to date so you could be looking at a property that rented out 5+ years ago at that price and not available.  If you can find a place like that for €1900 I'd snap it up.

Our kids go to QSI and it is a great school :-)

We live in lija (next to attard) and would definitely recommend the three villages area (attard,balzan,lija) as their are a lot of houses and it is a quiet central area close to everything.

Qsi School day starts at 08:45 and  it takes us less than 5 min to get to school and than ~20 min to go from QSI to Valleta. I think it will be about the same time for you.

Itai

Thank you Itai and Darrylv,
The info you provided is very helpul.
We are going to visit Malta Next weekend and have the interview at QSI and visit some properties in Attard and Lija with Frank Salt and Simón Mamo Real State. The ones they proposed look nice but a bit above budget, do you think this can be negotiated?

Also we are not sure if it is better during the first months to rent a house in short term to be sure about the House and área we prefer once living there. Apparently everyone recommends to do so but being a family with 2 kids having to move twice is a big effort.
What do you think?
Thanks in advance

I would recommend renting at least to start off with just in case you do not like living here, with regards to moving again it's not such a big deal as most rentals come furnished so there's not so
much to move on with regards furniture.
In the past we have used Frank Salt in Gozo but where we are now we did not use an agent and therefore probably easier to negotiate the rental cost, it's also cheaper as you do not have the agents
fees, good luck with your search.
Also the properties advertised with the agents are quite often not available and you end up looking at
other ones.

Rent first. 100% recommend that. We bought eventually and where we bought is nothing like what we first thought was a good idea.

Sorry if this is a bit late. I just started my son at QSI. We live in Sliema. But the main thing is that a lot of kids go to school on the school buses. Which means no need for you to drive to and fro which can be rough in the morning traffic. I can highly recommend the school buses, it is a door to door service with QSI and my son is only 4. He loves it, there has never been a glitch or a problem. I know that does not answer your question about where to live. But hopefully helpful.

In terms of finding a place, the only possible solution is to find an agent to find it for you. we had a terrible time with agents and only found one amazing person who got us the place we are in now. She was amazing and we only got the right place because of her care. I had quite a lot of agents who just did not provide a good service. If you want, I will pass on her details. Otherwise, try to find an agent to do the legwork for you, the websites are never accurate.

Definitely rent first.