How to get permanent residence permit in Romania as a foreigner spouse

Hi there, I am from Singapore and recently got married to a Romanian citizen, we've been traveling together for over 2 years and we would like to settle down in Romania. Are there anybody with experience in regards to this? What documents are required, what needs to be done by both parties and where in Bucharest do we go to to get this done? Regards.

Generally, the first step is to legalize your marriage certificate w.r.t. the romanian authorities. To that end, you go to the romanian consulate or embassy, in whatever country you got married and present your marriage certificate + all your other valid documents (passports, birth certificates, etc) and fill an application, after a couple of months of waiting you should be receiving a romanian marriage certificate. That you can then present to the authorities as proof of your marriage as the romanian spouse would initiate the paper work for the family reunification process.

Hmm.. but we wanted to get permanent residence permit though, not family reunification  :/

People from around the world can not just ask for a permanent residence permit in Romania just because they feel like doing so. I don't believe I can show up in Singapore and ask for the same. There are a few other options with temporary visas, such as certain types of businesses and investments which could eventually lead to a permanent residence permit (read: in 5 years) but likely you would not qualify for any of them. So the only option you have to obtain the permanent residence permit, is through the family reunification program. That is why I suggested it in the first place. And besides, since you are married to a romanian citizen, why is it that you are adamant about using other means but the one I suggested? That would be the most logical way for you, and also easiest. Good luck.