Rp200 million for informing on corrupt officials

The KPK have been doing a pretty good job but this move is a killer for the corrupt, and one that's likely to have them in the shops buying new underwear.
The long and the short is, if you report and provide evidence about a corrupt player, you stand to get cash up to 200 million depending on how good the info is, and how big the man you help take down is.
Many officials have already resigned themselves to a bribe free life because the KPK have hit them hard, but this essentially means any member of the public is a potential KPK agent, that making demanding bribes very risky.

Nice one, Pak Jokowi!  :top:https://coconuts.co/jakarta/news/presid … 0-million/

Even 20 years after the fall of Soeharto's notoriously corrupt New Order regime, the Indonesian government and institutions still largely remains entrenched in an endemic culture of corruption. Despite major victories by the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) in recent years, graft remains a serious problem at every level of the government.

A big part of Indonesia's culture of corruption is that, even for those who want to do the right thing and report wrongdoings, the risks can be enormous. Whistleblowers can easily become targets, not just of criminal intimidation but also legal persecution through, for example, the country's loosely worded defamation laws. And, obviously, reporting on corruption means the whistleblower cannot financially benefit from the scheme and could further face severe costs in terms of retaliation.

But the administration of President Joko Widodo, which has mostly gotten good marks for fighting corruption (generally speaking), recently passed a new regulation that could help incentivize way more whistleblowing through the prospect of monetary reward.

I agree "uncle" Fred that this move is a great move by Jokowi.

That said however I would caution against any foreign expat going down that road.  ;)

Probably, Roy, but I would have dobbed that immigration officer that ripped me off for my first KITAS - I still have the audio recordings.

I too have heavy experience with such an a*** of immigration officer. Some years ago, all "Ubudian" had to say to this topic: There's corruption in Germany too.