About studying and living in the US

Hello! My name is Clara and I have a couple of questions regarding moving to the US. I understand I could get a student visa for the duration of my studies and after that a 60-day grace period. If any of you can guide me on what steps to take after or before graduating to assure I can stay, live and work legally in the US after that period. What steps should I take? Is it really possible to do it? Thanks!

Welcome Clara, hope Expat.com can help you in your plans. Sorry I cannot help you with your question other than to tell you marrying a US citizen would keep you in the USA.

CDFUENTES wrote:

Hello! My name is Clara and I have a couple of questions regarding moving to the US. I understand I could get a student visa for the duration of my studies and after that a 60-day grace period. If any of you can guide me on what steps to take after or before graduating to assure I can stay, live and work legally in the US after that period. What steps should I take? Is it really possible to do it? Thanks!

Yes, it is possible to stay in US after your graduation, but the condition is you have to got a job there, yes you can stay in USA, only if you got any job over there.

Hello CDFUENTES,

Welcome to Expat.com

Maybe you could have a look at the Living in the USA guide. I hope that it will help you gather some information on your new project.

Good luck

Alexia
Expat.com Team