Retired residency

Anyone got clarity on this for retirement visa ? ... BOI say 35k US$ over a one year or spread over 12 months ... SEEFF property say 40k US$ per year for 3 years ! .. anybody know which it is ... 35k total or 120k total ??

Hi

Code:

Retired Non-Citizen
Foreign nationals, above the age of 50 years, may also choose to retire in Mauritius under a Residence Permit (RP).

The Retired Non-Citizen must undertake to transfer to his/her local bank account in Mauritius an initial transfer of at least USD 2,500. Thereafter, the Retired Non-Citizen should transfer at least USD 2,500 monthly or a sum by instalments amounting to at least USD 30,000 annually.

Link: http://www.edbmauritius.org/work-and-li … ce-permit/

Check the FAQ also:
http://www.edbmauritius.org/faqs/residence-permit/

Big Thanks .. but ... one link says 30k pa ... the other says 40k pa ... however ... both say 3 years .. so that clears that part of the issue up ... leaving 10k US$  pa difference ... ? ..

Ukuva wrote:

Big Thanks .. but ... one link says 30k pa ... the other says 40k pa ... however ... both say 3 years .. so that clears that part of the issue up ... leaving 10k US$  pa difference ... ? ..

The amount is $30K annually.

The $40K was the amount required before the terms and conditions were amended recently. Not sure why it's still listed there. Unless it's for another reason that I'm unaware of.

Ukuva wrote:

Left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.
They have edited the content of the Resident Permit section after they changed the law BUT someone didn't review the other sections to reflect the 2016 law.

Same thing with translations sometimes .

Big thanks

Sorry .. an additional thought someone might have an answer to ... if I bring in all three years worth (90k $) in one go ... can I use it to get immediate permanent retirement residency permit without waiting 3 years ? ... can I use all 90k to buy a property (ground +2 high) ?

You must have held a Residence Permit for three years preceding the date of application for Permanent Residence Permit.
You can bring your $90 K on day one for your retiree residence permit  which is delivered for 3 years after which term you can/may apply for the PRP which is dependent on the PMO ( or you may just be given a renewal for yet another 3 yrs with the usual requirement of $30K /yr) .
It is not a given that you are entitled to a PRP after 3 years. You have to apply for it at the “Residence Permit Section” Prime Minister's Office (Home Affairs), 4th Floor, New Government House, Port Louis on the “Application for Permanent Residence Permit” form.
You will have to pay another fee for the issuance of that PRP once approved
A PRP is valid for a period of 10 years ( I know  - a misnomer) and you should submit each year to the Residence Permit Section of the Prime Minister's Office documentation from your bank of the transfer from abroad to Mauritius.

Once you have that Residence Permit you can do whatever you want with the money transferred to your bank account in Mauritius.

Perfect ... thanks for taking the time for the comprehensive response ... have a great weekend.

Thanks very much external. Just to confirm ... does it mean that you are not allowed to use the 30 per year for a period of 10 years and that you have to pay the application/renewal fees every 3 years. Thanks very much.

Sorry another question, do you have to be in Mauritius during the 3 years. Regards

Albert Edward wrote:

Thanks very much external. Just to confirm ... does it mean that you are not allowed to use the 30 per year for a period of 10 years and that you have to pay the application/renewal fees every 3 years. Thanks very much.

see post #8

Code:

Once you have that Residence Permit you can do whatever you want with the money transferred to your bank account in Mauritius.
Albert Edward wrote:

Sorry another question, do you have to be in Mauritius during the 3 years. Regards

So long that you prove that you are bringing in $30K per yr to abide by the rules of the Resident permit for Retirees, they don't car what you do with your time and you are not allowed to have employment on the island .

Thanks very much for your help!

Good afternoon guys, Once the documents have been submitted, $30 paid, how long does it usualy take to have the recidence permit.

The amended figures are on the website of the EDB. They have lowered the amount to 30,000/p.a as at now. So, in case you have still not started the application process, this is the relevant amount.

Thanks very much Hans, how long does it take, once I have paid until you receive the temp residency.

Hello, I have a few questions regarding the residence permit for a retired non-citizen :
1) Does the wife of a retired citizen apply for a residence permit, at the same time as the main applicant?
2) Can you please advise a name of a clinic / laboratory / doctor where the medical tests can be done and the medical certificate issued (in Mauritius)?
3) How long does it take from tests being done till medical certificate is issued?
4) If a residence permit is issued, does the permit holder need to spent a certain amount of time a year in Mauritius?

Albert Edward wrote:

Hello, I have a few questions regarding the residence permit for a retired non-citizen :
1) Does the wife of a retired citizen apply for a residence permit, at the same time as the main applicant?
2) Can you please advise a name of a clinic / laboratory / doctor where the medical tests can be done and the medical certificate issued (in Mauritius)?
3) How long does it take from tests being done till medical certificate is issued?
4) If a residence permit is issued, does the permit holder need to spent a certain amount of time a year in Mauritius?

1) This is processed in Mauritius by the Passport and Immigration Office. Therefore, it can be done simultaneously or after the main applicant has received his Resident Permit as the application needs to be filled by the latter himself.
The wife needs to have a valid visa during the course of the application.

2) There is a list of approved clinics and medical laboratories set out by the Economic Development Board.
Check out this link. The list is at the end of the page.
http://www.edbmauritius.org/media/2139/ … h-2019.pdf

3) When all the tests have been completed, the results will have to be sent to a local doctor who will then issue a medical certificate. Therefore, this remains the prerogative of the doctor.

4) No information regarding this. I suggest you contact the Occupation Permit Unit of the EDB for this. The contact info is in the link I provided above.

Hello,
I would like to know if the conditions are changed, in 2020? It's always 30k/a because I see somewhere 18???
Thanks

Estellemtf wrote:

Hello,
I would like to know if the conditions are changed, in 2020? It's always 30k/a because I see somewhere 18???
Thanks

Hi

you have all the info on this site:
https://www.edbmauritius.org/work-and-l … ce-permit/

Hello, i have few questions regarding the application of a retired non~resident.

1. How long will it takes for immigration Department to approve the temp visa?

2. Seems the aggregated deposited amount in three years were changed to USD 54,000 rather than USD 120,000 before applying a  10~year permanent residence visa.

3. Can we use public hospital services?

4. How much of local insurance per year for non~citizen?

Would anyone kindly advise? Thank you so much.

Joyce