When I should go over and when the best time is to search for a job ?

Hello :)

My name is Laurika. I'm not really new but haven't really been on here since I had a few choices to make.
I live in South Africa currently and am graduating from college in less than 2 months. I study Interior design and did my internship in June in the Netherlands so my plan is to move as soon as I can to find a job in the Netherlands. I recently wrote my inburgeringsexam in my city and when I get my results I can apply for a MVV. With all this said, I am hella nervous for all of this. It is a big deal for me to leave my country and everyone I love behind here, but I want to work abroad and start a life in Europe. I just don't know when I should go over and when the best time is to search for a job, so there's that :/

Any advice would be great :)

Have a lovely day

L x

Oh and also, with the MVV, it is a partnership visa. I am moving in with my boyfriend whom I have been in a long distance relationship with for 3 years now. So that is also part of this :) Big things.

Hey there Laurika, as a recruiter the best time for job search in Europe is October and  beginning of November. ***

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Please register in the business directory. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

It really depends, there are companies on hiring freeze in late October, November and December. Therefore I really think the best time is may-june-july. August also, but then you might have to wait September for the final answer because the bosses are always on holidays and have to come back.

There are no "official" hiring freezes in the Netherlands, except possibly the Bouwvak (2019 dates are 22 July to 23 August) when most of the country goes on holiday.