British Embassy Bangkok to stop Certification of Income Letters

Hey.

Read this today on thaivisa, And think some might find it useful, And need to plan for the furture to come.

I all so thinking this might come to other Embassy here i Thailand.

I have write the Danish Embassy about it, And waiting for respond to it.

On Thaivisa.

On Gov.uk

If link not approved here, google search for "British Embassy Bangkok to stop Certification of Income Letters", Or go to thaivisa.com

Only bringing the infomation.

Kindly.

Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention. I'm sure it will affect many expats. The UK Embassy notice stated: "a bank statement should be used as the supporting document for obtaining a Thai retirement or marriage visa."
I hope Thai immigration will accept a bank statement as proof of monthly income, but I wouldn't count on it. So, people probably should xfer monies to get their accounts up to 800k at least 3 mths prior to their renewals in 2019.

What if you dont have a small bag of money 'say 20grand lying around 'where do you go from there

lazyman1959 wrote:

What if you dont have a small bag of money 'say 20grand lying around 'where do you go from there

If you don't have the equivalent of 65,000 THB from a pension or 800,000 THB in a Thai bank, then you will probably have to use the tourist visa route unless you can get someone to loan you the 800k to put in the bank for 3 mths prior to renewing your visa.

Thai immigration is probably just cracking down on the British Embassy for giving out income letters without certifying that people really do have pensionable income. No other embassy has announced any changes yet.

Thailand was never a country that welcomes expats and that the Brits have to show real proof of income already exists for most of the other nationals. Let's be honest, why should Brits and Americans be able to make a statement that doesn't have to be true, while others need a bank letter from the same day?

But when foreigners are living here for 10 years +, have spent their savings, built houses, bought cars and motorcycles, but every year, they've got to go through hell and back to supply all the wanted documents. Considering that the Thai baht is way too strong, many expats who receive a pension just don't have enough to continue living here.

Until now, you can apply for a Non-O in Savannakhet, without showing financial proof, but with this guy, Mr. Big Joke, on top, how long will that be possible?

Most foreigners here are trying to make a living as English teachers, unfortunately, are the salaries less than they were 10 years ago and some schools just followed agency's policy's and only pay a ten-month salary, no more sick leave, and no business days, while Khurusapha's ( TCT) getting tougher on them.

When I renewed my permission to stay at the local Immigration, the officer with the most stripes even checked on my provisional teacher's license on Khurusapha's website. Would somebody really forge a provisional teacher's license? Why was she treating me like a criminal, I've never done anything wrong, no overstay, no accident where others got harmed. But why do they treat foreigners they know for many years that way?
Each page with a sticker from a Laotian or Cambodian Immigration was checked out twenty times, checked, taken out, then checked again. And again and gave me the feeling that I wasn't really wanted.

Good luck was that I had some cash and invested in my education, studied for an additional Diploma in Teacher Education that enabled me to receive the full teacher's license. The little card took much longer than expected, but finally arrived a couple of weeks back. Next year in May, it will be easy to renew my permission to stay, but only if I'm not too old. They don't need experienced guys, the good looking ones seem to be okay. No matter if they're from Kasachstan or from Anatolia in Turkey.

Many others are all in a sudden not qualified to teach anymore and employed as trainers, teacher's assistants, curriculum developer, or any other fancy titles. They bypass the TCT/Khurusapha but continue working as full-time teachers. Of course is that illegal and just a matter of time when they'll close this loophole.

Honestly speaking, how do foreigners feel when they see huge posters of Big Joke after some "foreigners", usually from Bangladesh, India, Laos, and Cambodia are being caught without a visa? What do you think when you read "X-Ray Outlaw" blah blah blah?

Now I forgot to do my 90 days registration for Aliens, two days late will cost 3,000 baht and there's no excuse for it, it's, of course, my own fault. How could i ........

Isn't that all a sort of a Catch 22? People come to Thailand usually with all/ most life savings, spent most/all money for wife/ kids/ relatives........ and then they can't take their wives back to the country where they came from if they haven't got a good paying job? How do you get a job when not in the country? Okay, Skype, yes...

I'm afraid that Mr. B. J. will change a few more things that might not be in our interest. Oops, I've almost forgotten my marriage ring in the pawn shop.......

Why does a single guy need to show 800,000 baht for a retirement visa, when a married to a Thai guy only has to show 400,000 baht? Of course, you need twice as much money when you're alone and don't have to pay for lazy family members, huge gold necklaces, fake tits, new motorbikes and cars, expensive operations, usually paid by the government and more. Hallelujah!!

Best of luck!! Enjoy your stay in Baan Nok, it's so cheap and nobody will find you there.

For 90 days report, you can do it up to 7 days late, No Fine. So dont bileved you have to pay for 2 days late, Much be more to that story !!!

For a Married foreigner to only need couple 400.000 baht Vs 800.000 baht or 40.000 baht pr month Vs 65.000 baht pr month is easy to explain.

When married, 2 people can have income.

You do know that the British Embassy Bangkok have all ways want pension paper, income paper and so on, To do the Income letter from British  ??

Not the same as USA only doing a Income Affidavit.

That not what this is about, Maybe try to read and understand what the problem is between Thai and British Embassy, Before write all this Bull ?

Kindly.