Dutch Moving to France, Nice

Hi peeps,
My newly wedded wife and i are moving to Nice in a week, we already sorted out the apartment issues and we are moving in.

So my wife who is a Dutch citizen has a couple of questions regarding the things she should do before moving to France.
For example how does it work for health insurance, bank account and language barriers difficulties etc.

We would be very glad if any of you can help so that can we can make the move as more smooth as possible.

We will take any suggestion and details.

Thanks.
Sam

Hi Sam,
Congratulations,  France is a great country! I am an american whose lived in France for many years. To your concern, as far as healthcare, she needs to get settled in, find a job and try and get a social security unless you as her husband already has a job and a social security, then you can just add her to yours and similar for the bank account.
The language barrier is a challenge, although the french are kind group of people, it is still  best to learn the language to get by.  Like in every culture, it takes a while to get used to things and get to know your way around. Best of luck!

Hey Ana,

Thanks for your post.

So it's been 2 weeks now since we moved in Nice, we already got our appartment contract,  bank account open and even I managed to get myself a French number. So far I can do good now we are building up our case to submit my demand of "carte de sejour " of EU spouse.
For that she will either have a job (which she don't) or me get a promise of employment (under progress) but we are getting advices and help from people like you so it kind of keep our hope high and we keep fighting for what we want.

Now maybe you can help on that, my wife is looking for a place where she can learn French not too expensive cause for now we can't really afford it.

Any suggestions or advices?

Thanks again
Sam