Plane ticket. ..please advise me

Hello,
I will be traveling soon to Manila to stay a few weeks..the return ticket requirement. .can anyone give me advice in the cheapest legal way to purchase my tickets ..I've herd of buying a forward ticket ( throwaway)  is this legal? I would like to fly economical as possible.any advice will be greatly appreciated. I will be flying from USA to Manila.
Thank you very much for your time .
Lee

If you are only staying a few weeks, why not buy a round trip ticket?  You can buy a cheap ticket to Hong Kong.  But what are your plans after a few weeks?

Bamapinoy wrote:

Hello,
I will be traveling soon to Manila to stay a few weeks..the return ticket requirement. .can anyone give me advice in the cheapest legal way to purchase my tickets ..I've herd of buying a forward ticket ( throwaway)  is this legal? I would like to fly economical as possible.any advice will be greatly appreciated. I will be flying from USA to Manila.
Thank you very much for your time .
Lee

yah "throwaway" tickets are legal. What they want to see is you having a proof of leaving before your 30 days is up. and as suggested by mugtech you can get a cheap hongkong ticket or even singapore. just make sure your "throwaway ticket" is within 30 days of your arrival.

But again as suggested by mugtech, if you are going to be here for a few weeks, cheaper getting a round ticket.

Hello Bamapinoy
Been here twice, first time got by without a return ticket. Second time got stung badly. If depends on how long you want to stay. A return ticket is pretty cheap from K.L., Singapore or Bangkok. Another way is buy 2 separate tickets with the return leg a refundable cancel ticket.  Good luck.
regards  Bruce

New member here. I just bought round trip Lax to Cebu for 468.00
I don't know if you can do anything cheaper than that. I'm flying from Dallas, Texas so I bought a 96.00 ticket to LAX. 16000+ mile trip for under 600.00 is awesome. Just fly.com China eastern airlines.

There are better, safer airlines than cheap China ones.

As per mugtech, they have asian sized seating.  So if you are in cattle-class, get an aisle seat so you can stretch your legs out. Enjoy the flight the best you can because it is a long way.
regards  Bruce

Agree about purchasing a round trip ticket. The only reason some don't (and utilize the throwaway option) is when they come here and don't know how long the trip will be. If you know, just get a r/t ticket. I often get one with 4-6 months and have not had an issue getting in since I have lot's of renewal stamps in my passport from immigration in the PI.

Secondly, be wary of discount tickets if they don't let you pick your seat. Middle row toward the back of the plane will be brutal on a 10-15 hour flight unless you are small like a Filipino. You may well get sick due to the stale air and crowded conditions in the back of the plane, especially if you can't get up and walk. It is your health that is at stake. I do a "flexible days" search as flight costs vary significantly by the day of the week/month..

I usually fly Delta Economy Plus or ANA from West Coast through Japan, or Hawaiian Airlines Premium Economy (awesome seating) from Honolulu - to keep the longest leg below 10 hours. I do not take the 14-15 hour flights to Hong Kong as I personally can't sit that long, even though it would be easier to get to Cebu and I hate going through Manila. Cathay Pacific does do that HK route and I've heard they are excellent.. for those who prefer the long flights.

I bought my airline ticket for  $612.00  departing  New York JFK to Naia Manila for a week
I use flight Hub

Don't know if this will help, My wife & I flew from Lax on "PAL" (non stop) on Aug 1, 2018. My ticket cost aprox $800 round trip & my wife (filipina) ticket was aprox $600 one way. The wifes ticket could be changed, but mine could not. Also before your outbound exit date you have to call the airline to cancel, if you don't they will charge you a fee for being a no show. Also maybe an exit ticket that you won't use
to someplace close will be cheaper.