Bringing legal paperwork from states to marry

is there anything i can acquire in the states to prove i can legally marry or do i have to go to cebu or manila?

ukigigi wrote:

is there anything i can acquire in the states to prove i can legally marry or do i have to go to cebu or manila?

You do it in the states while you are still there. you get your certificate of no marriage or prof of being single. The Embassy will know what that is.

where do i acquire that in the states?

ukigigi wrote:

where do i acquire that in the states?

Am not sure which governmental department. But did some digging and found this. So i think you can only get it from your embassy once you are here.

some countries require an affidavit by the parties as proof of legal capacity to enter into a marriage contract. No such government-issued document exists in the United States. You may execute such an affidavit at a U.S. embassy or consulate. The U.S. embassy or consulate cannot attest to your marital status. However, most countries will accept a statement from you regarding your ability to marry if your signature on the affidavit has been notarized by a U.S. consular officer.