German Employment Visa ( National Visa ) Processing time

Hello,

Yesterday I went to German Embassy in Kuala Lumpur and applied for Employment visa. I had all the documents required ( Including the contract and approval letter from German Federal Employment Agency ) They didn't give me any ETA and they just said they will send an email once the process finished.

So I want to know usually how long it takes to get the passport back? because I already resigned from my current company in Kuala Lumpur ( I am in notice period r8 now ) and I need to buy flight ticket since current company need to cancel my Malaysian employment pass based on my flight ticket.

If you had similar situation appreciate it if you can share your experience, how long takes for your application?

Cheers

If they don't volunteer an estimate then ask. Nobody else can do anything but wildly speculate. Those particular authorities are the only ones who can give an answer. And the reason they might not give an answer is that they don't know. If they are doing their job properly then they will look to verify any important information given. If they get quick positive results from the places they need to contact, then it can be quick. But if something doesn't fit or they have to wait for responses then it is unpredictable. .. But it doesn't hurt to tell them your situation ask for a rough estimate and hope for the best.

As far as I heard, the processing time differs from case to case due to the factors Tom mentioned aboce, AND: the processing time also differes widely from embassy to embassy, depending on their workload and personnel situation.
So even if you find someone here who got his/her visa from the KL embassy, the information is not applicable to you.
As Tom said: Ask the embassy how long they need!