Batik

Batik is Indonesia's national fashion, and very much part of its culture.
One way to show your interest in this country is to wear batik to work from time to time, or even all the time. Batik is considered formal attire so can be worn anywhere. Batik comes in a million styles so there's something for everyone - I always keep a batik shirt handy when I'm travelling just in case occasion demands it.
Cirbon is considered one of the major centres for batik in Indonesia so they're giving it a push.

https://en.tempo.co/read/news/2018/10/0 … t-on-Batik

TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - In hopes of capturing people's enthusiasm towards one of Indonesia's traditional clothing, batik entrepreneurs of Cirebon, West Java, held a masquerade festival in commemorating the National Batik Day that is celebrated annually on October 2.

“In commemorating the National Batik Day, we held numerous competitions together with a masquerade festival,” said Batik Trusmi entrepreneur in Cirebon, Ibnu Riyanto yesterday. She explained that it is also aimed to combine and merge two Cirebon traditions.

In the midst of a less-enthusiastic climate of the batik industry, she hopes that the festival will spark the area's tourism. She claims that the batik industry briefly sky-rocketed in 2008-2011 when it was claimed by Malaysia; “But now it has resided.”

I wear hand made batik which my wife buys and turns into dresses tops or shirts. I wear batik shirts to the office daily and think its great but I am seeing less people seemingly wanting to wear it. The price point for shirts is often more than people will pay when Centro shift cheap work shirts for half the price so batik becomes relegated to weddings and meetings and thats a pity.

I fancy a batik waistcoat - It would be handy when I do site visits