UK Ban 10 Years, Germany JSV Aspirant

Hi All,
I just wanted to know if I can get JSV for Germany since I had UK ban for 10 years back in 2011.
Thanks in Advance,
PP

I think you will have problems as the ban will be recorded online and be available to any European country to check when you apply.

Hmmm. A ban in the UK is not a ban for all of the EU per se. But of course any country wants to know about serious violations that make an applicant undesirable. It might depend on the reason for the ban. Are there things that could result in such a ban that would seem immaterial to the German authorities? Maybe. But a violation of visa or working requirements or any serious crime would seem likely to make a problem. Too many parking tickets on the other hand might be irrelevant – but then one would not likely have gotten a ban for such a thing.

In this age of computers and security concerns, as Stumpy mentioned, such a ban is likely to be found by German authorities. If one omits the information when asked on the visa forms then it just might result in not only a rejection but a further ban for Germany. Best to be open about the situation upfront. If they tell you this ban would disqualify you, then probably better to withdraw the visa application. Even without resulting in a further ban, a rejection that had no hope in the first place is bad. I'm pretty certain that for any kind of further visa application they will ask if you have ever been rejected for a visa - and you'll then be in their computers.

I'm not saying this is your situation but we often hear on this site of people expecting or claiming that overstaying a visa is a minor thing. Yes, it is often easy to get away with at the time but the resulting consequences can be dramatic and long term. The best solution is not to do such things in the first place.

TominStuttgart wrote:

Hmmm. A ban in the UK is not a ban for all of the EU per se. But of course any country wants to know about serious violations that make an applicant undesirable. It might depend on the reason for the ban. Are there things that could result in such a ban that would seem immaterial to the German authorities? Maybe. But a violation of visa or working requirements or any serious crime would seem likely to make a problem. Too many parking tickets on the other hand might be irrelevant – but then one would not likely have gotten a ban for such a thing.

There was no violation of Visa or working requirements or any serious crime.
It was dependent visa filed from India and funds document was found to be not genuine, at the time I was cheated by a bank agent through whom I got my education loan in India. I was devastated and I could not do anything to prove myself a victim. I had to start my career from scratch which I did and eventually build myself up really well professionally...
I now intend to go Germany on Job seeking visa with all documents intact

In this age of computers and security concerns, as Stumpy mentioned, such a ban is likely to be found by German authorities. If one omits the information when asked on the visa forms then it just might result in not only a rejection but a further ban for Germany. Best to be open about the situation upfront. If they tell you this ban would disqualify you, then probably better to withdraw the visa application. Even without resulting in a further ban, a rejection that had no hope in the first place is bad. I'm pretty certain that for any kind of further visa application they will ask if you have ever been rejected for a visa - and you'll then be in their computers.

How do I find out if I am eligible to apply with a ban on UK, on the JSV application there is a question
Have you ever been expelled or deported from the Federal Republic of Germany, had an application for a residence permit rejected, or been refused entry into the Federal Republic of Germany?
Can I write to consulate stating my situation and expect to get a reply about ban on UK till 2022 ?

I'm not saying this is your situation but we often hear on this site of people expecting or claiming that overstaying a visa is a minor thing. Yes, it is often easy to get away with at the time but the resulting consequences can be dramatic and long term. The best solution is not to do such things in the first place.

pilatesponce wrote:

How do I find out if I am eligible to apply with a ban on UK, on the JSV application there is a question
Have you ever been expelled or deported from the Federal Republic of Germany, had an application for a residence permit rejected, or been refused entry into the Federal Republic of Germany?
Can I write to consulate stating my situation and expect to get a reply about ban on UK till 2022 ?

Well this question doesn't seem to pose a problem since it specifically asks about Germany and not the UK. If they asked about ever having been rejected or banned from another EU country then it would be different. Nobody says you have to give information not asked for. If it were me, I would not mention the UK ban based on this question.