Dependant pass art-time work Kuala Lumpur

Hello All,

I am from the Netherlands. I am wondering is a part-time job enough, lets say  3 times a week for a dependant pass? What are the requirements?

I have my own webdevelopment company in the Netherlands. Are there other ways to contribute, lets say making a website for Malaysians citizen to benefit from, in starting a business getting the dependant pass as well?

Thanks for the information

Danny

Why not look at the MTEP visa.
https://www.mtep.my

Its not possible to work on a Dependent VISA (DP) . A DP has to be linked to an EP which a partner is holding.

Part-time work does not qualify for a work permit (EP)

Another option is to set up a Labuan offshore company but Rm250, 000 paid up capital is required for an EP. It can be tax efficient for channelling offshore income but only allows 30% of income to be derived in Malaysian Ringitt and that is fully taxable.

Web design market is flooded by local Malaysians so unless you are a software engineer jobs (employer applies for the EP) are not available. Information technology is the easiest sector to find work but coding mainly.

Thanks for the answer.
I meant an AP visa. I am a webdeveloper, but have my company in Holland.

I never heard of an MTEP visa. Well the reason I am doing it is also to bring my kid to a school there with a student visa. Still a preschool, so i heard from the international preschools, my kid can enter with a tourist visa first. Well I get 90 days on a dutch passport. I just do not know, how long i have to be ot of the country before I can enter again after 90 days.
Thanks a lot for all the info.

Danny

Kids can only get a Student visa from age 6-7 yrs I believe, i.e. entering primary school

What you would require in Malaysia, as a parent of a Student Pass holder, would be a Guardian visa. Only one parent can hold this.

Any work and earnings must be outside Malaysia when on a Guardian visa. You would need to show offshore earnings and any visa renewals require proof of monthly fund transfer into a local bank.

Health insurance is now also mandatory.

Certain members of expatriate students are allowed to accompany students in
Malaysia on a Long Term Social Pass (for the duration of 12 months or according to the duration of studies, whichever comes first). This is also known as a Guardian Pass.

Family Members of Expatriate Students who are Allowed to Stay in Malaysia
The types of family members include the following:
• Parents of students
• Legally Court-Appointed Guardians

Parents or Legally Court-Appointed Guardians may submit their Social Pass application to the Department of Immigration, Malaysia, together with their child/ren's Student Pass application or after the application for the Student Pass has been approved.

Family Members of Expatriate Students who are allowed to stay in Malaysia are allowed entry solely at the discretion of the Department of Immigration, Malaysia.

Again, i know i can enter a school on a tourist visa, my question is after 90 days, how long i have to go out of the country and enter again, 1 day 1 week?

There are no stated rules. It's at the discretion of the immigration officer. If they think you are abusing a tourist visa and living or working illegally in Malaysia, they will refuse entry.

I asked the preschools i visited, and they said there is no student visa needed for preschool. I am not abusing it, or working in Malaysia.

Attempting to live in Malaysia without any immigration status - surprising a preschool will accept a child on a tourist visa. Its possible you will both attract attention when doing visa runs after 90 days. If and when you did apply for a Student Pass and full copy of passport is required, so possibility of issues.

You may get away with a couple of visa runs, but often after that entry is limited to 30 days or even less (3 days). The other possibility is to get a Do Not Land - which means you are returned to your last Port of Call. After that minimum one month before its likely to be able to re-enter.

We have a new government and immigration policies are being tightened at point of implementation.

Hi, preschool don't need student visa. They can study anywhere if parents have visa. But U can enroll Ur child in any international school and apply for student visa along with 1 parent dependent visa.

Under dependent visa U can't work but U can register Malaysian Local company to run Ur business