Eagerly looking for Elementary Teaching position

Hello,

I am eagerly looking for Elementary Teaching position in International School in Kuala Lumpur. I kept on applying online for Teaching position but no luck yet. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

With over 8 years of experience in teaching field, I want to accumulate my prior International knowledge in a true International environment. Currently, I am in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and ready to start immediately.

Thanking you in advance.

Munmun Fariah Naomi

Did you check a main portal for education jobs in Malaysia. It's Times Educational Supplement - https://www.tes.com/jobs/browse/teachin … g-malaysia

Experience of the UK curriculum would be needed for most schools but there are a handful of schools which follow the US, Singapore, Canadian and Australian curriculum.

Some international schools follow the September-June school year and there is a possibility to be hired for the January term. Other international schools follow the January-November school year i.e. the same as the local Malaysian State School timetable.

Jora is a job portal quite often used for local recruitment

https://my.jora.com/j?q=teacher&l=M … p=homepage

Thanks @ Gravitas

I did apply using www.tes.com and other website but no luck yet.

It's very difficult to find teaching jobs in Malaysia if not English mother tongue because local teachers will have priority. This is because Ministry of Education and Immigration do not approve Employment Passes if a Malaysian can do the job.

Application and approval process can take 2-3 months. Applications can only be forwarded to MOE and then Immigration when you are outside Malaysia and you would need to enter on a Visa with Reference (VDR) single entry visa which is the only way to convert to an EP.

The reality is, Schools are looking for native English speakers but I found very few native English speakers doing jobs in the schools. And it is true that local teachers are ready to do the job for less salary. And to be honest, school administrations do favor local teachers.

The schools you are probably looking at are the ones which are not exactly international schools but are teaching local curriculum plus a few UK curriculum subjects all in English language. They don't have quota or ability to hire foreign teachers in most cases (let alone the need).

Immigration just don't approve employment pass if a local Malaysian can do the job. That's why mother tongue comes into play for high ranking international schools teaching UK curriculum.