Aguas Frescas Beverages

Hi,

I'm from Singapore! I would like to explore and learn to make Mexican Aguas Frescas beverages. Can anyone living in Mexican help?

Thanks in advance and Cheers!

Philip

There are many recipes on the Internet.

pehlk73 wrote:

Hi,

I'm from Singapore! I would like to explore and learn to make Mexican Aguas Frescas beverages. Can anyone living in Mexican help?

Thanks in advance and Cheers!

Philip

Pretty simple really Phillip.

They just take fruits and things like chia and mix it together with water or carbonated mineral water. Sometimes they even mix things like coconut milk or coconut water. It's a creative process so get creative. It is usually 2 or 3 things, not a fruit salad.

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I appreciate that! :)

Question: Is it safe to travel alone in Mexico City? I would like to see how the street vendors preparing aguas frescas beverages as I would like to set up chain stores selling these beverages in Singapore.

Thanks much!

Philip

pehlk73 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I appreciate that! :)

Question: Is it safe to travel alone in Mexico City? I would like to see how the street vendors preparing aguas frescas beverages as I would like to set up chain stores selling these beverages in Singapore.

Thanks much!

Philip

It's probably about as safe as Singapore, but it is not as safe as many other cities in Mexico. Do you speak Spanish? That would be a big help.

As for agua frescas, it is not like a bottle of coke, There are many varieties. It is not a fixed formula. My favorite restaurant has a different agua fresca every day, I never know what they will make. It probably depends on what is in season. Currently, Pitahaya is going out of season so I expect to see some of that. I made up some agua fresca this morning using a very ripe Pitahaya.
It's like ordering Jugo Verde, everyone has their own idea of what that is, so I have never gotten the same thing when I order it, and I have ordered it all over Mexico.

2 parts water, 1 part fruit, add sugar to your liking.  Popular waters are cucumber,mango,Jamica, lime, watermelon,cantaloupe,

Chilangolite wrote:

2 parts water, 1 part fruit, add sugar to your liking.  Popular waters are cucumber,mango,Jamica, lime, watermelon,cantaloupe,

So that's how T.J does it.

So Phill,

I checked with my native friend whose uncle lives in Mexico City, and he says they have a shop called  "Aguas Frescas " and they are sort of like the 21 flavors of Aguas Frescas. So it would be sort of a one-stop for you.
He also says there are little Aguas Frescas serving shops all over the Yucatan so you don't even have to go to Mx.cd.

travellight wrote:
Chilangolite wrote:

So that's how T.J does it.

Well my wife anyway.

Hi,

I appreciated that! Any website or more details for the shops?

Thanks,
Philip

pehlk73 wrote:

Hi,

I appreciated that! Any website or more details for the shops?

Thanks,
Philip

My friend is working or I would ask him. Perhaps this will help. https://culinarybackstreets.com/cities- … s-frescas/